Cassette Boy

Bulletguy

Slightly different topic, but any peg etc......................

Follow this link https://tinyurl.com/y4troafh to a review of a book by Simon Kuper entitled "Chums, How a Tiny Caste of Oxford Tories Took Over the UK".

Two names emerged from the review which were unfamiliar to me: first Patrick Robinson, second Norman Stone ('though I had vaguely heard the latter name). Intrigued, I "Googled" both.

got this on Patrick Robertson, from Wikispooks: https://tinyurl.com/tyht7mdz and, in a rather roundabout way, found myself reading this, also from Wikispooks: https://tinyurl.com/bddcf928 on an secretive organisation celled "Le Cercle", to which other references had also led. (Stone is also worth a look, if unfamiliar, as it seems he wielded great influence over the "young and impressionable" - from which some have yet to recover! :-D

I was somewhat disturbed to see the names of a number of British MP's and past ministers involved with the organisation, to which I was surprised, given its nature, they were able to maintain membership while also being UK parliamentarians.

If you have the time and inclination, see what you think. Who is really pulling whose strings, and why? Should we be told?

Brian Kirby - 2022-05-07 7:44 PM

Slightly different topic, but any peg etc......................

Follow this link https://tinyurl.com/y4troafh to a review of a book by Simon Kuper entitled "Chums, How a Tiny Caste of Oxford Tories Took Over the UK".

Two names emerged from the review which were unfamiliar to me: first Patrick Robinson, second Norman Stone ('though I had vaguely heard the latter name). Intrigued, I "Googled" both.

got this on Patrick Robertson, from Wikispooks: https://tinyurl.com/tyht7mdz and, in a rather roundabout way, found myself reading this, also from Wikispooks: https://tinyurl.com/bddcf928 on an secretive organisation celled "Le Cercle", to which other references had also led. (Stone is also worth a look, if unfamiliar, as it seems he wielded great influence over the "young and impressionable" - from which some have yet to recover! :-D

I was somewhat disturbed to see the names of a number of British MP's and past ministers involved with the organisation, to which I was surprised, given its nature, they were able to maintain membership while also being UK parliamentarians.

If you have the time and inclination, see what you think. Who is really pulling whose strings, and why? Should we be told?

It illustrates perfectly the old school tie network is still very powerful. Poor Gove who got knocked out at a paltry £35 quid in the "slave auction"........though at least he turned up whereas Johnson couldn't be bothered so was 'sold in absentia'. (lol)

Johnsons history of bone idleness goes back a long way so nothing has changed there.

Rory Stewart observing the upper echelons of the Tory party: “Churchill had been replaced by Bertie Wooster" (lol)(lol)

Robertson cuts a mysterious deviant figure....possibly as dangerous as Cummings.

What struck me as unacceptable was the fact that UK MPs seem able to be members of a secretive, foreign, international organisation that promotes extreme political views while (apparently) concealing their membership (which is by invitation only) from their constituency parties and fellow MPs. In a different age this organisation would have been identified as a fifth column insurgency. It's loyalties do not lie with the UK, nor, IMO, are they intended to benefit the UK. Quite the opposite, I would say.

Were the political allegiance of the opposite persuasion, and it was revealed that Labour (or any other) MPs were members of such an organisation promoting extreme left wing, or anarchistic, ends, all hell would break out, and IMO rightly so. So why do these people get to maintain their memberships with no questions asked? At the very least such memberships are highly undemocratic, while the potential for creeping corruption of our governance seems glaringly obvious to me.

Just look at the past and present membership as listed. Look at the range of interests involved. This is the "deep state": (from WIKI), "the clandestine network of actors in ......... government, high-level finance, and high-level industry, operating as a hidden government that exercises power alongside or within the elected ............. government.

The actual quote refers to the US "deep state conspiracy" theory, but given the relative size of the UK's economy, and our unwritten constitution, it seems we are substantially more vulnerable that the US would ever be. If one man could more or less break the Bank of England back in September 1992, in effect pushing us out of the ERM, which we had joined (at a widely criticised as unsustainably high rate) only two years earlier, we should surely be concerned that our Chancellor at the time (Lamont) was a member, along with a number of other Conservative MPs whose names are uncomfortably familiar as a result of their notoriety.

How can membership of serving MPs be so easily and readily accepted? Is this just my post (I hope!) Covid hysteria? If so, I'll come quietly! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2022-05-09 6:25 PM

What struck me as unacceptable was the fact that UK MPs seem able to be members of a secretive, foreign, international organisation that promotes extreme political views while (apparently) concealing their membership (which is by invitation only) from their constituency parties and fellow MPs. In a different age this organisation would have been identified as a fifth column insurgency. It's loyalties do not lie with the UK, nor, IMO, are they intended to benefit the UK. Quite the opposite, I would say.

Were the political allegiance of the opposite persuasion, and it was revealed that Labour (or any other) MPs were members of such an organisation promoting extreme left wing, or anarchistic, ends, all hell would break out, and IMO rightly so. So why do these people get to maintain their memberships with no questions asked? At the very least such memberships are highly undemocratic, while the potential for creeping corruption of our governance seems glaringly obvious to me.

Just look at the past and present membership as listed. Look at the range of interests involved. This is the "deep state": (from WIKI), "the clandestine network of actors in ......... government, high-level finance, and high-level industry, operating as a hidden government that exercises power alongside or within the elected ............. government.

The actual quote refers to the US "deep state conspiracy" theory, but given the relative size of the UK's economy, and our unwritten constitution, it seems we are substantially more vulnerable that the US would ever be. If one man could more or less break the Bank of England back in September 1992, in effect pushing us out of the ERM, which we had joined (at a widely criticised as unsustainably high rate) only two years earlier, we should surely be concerned that our Chancellor at the time (Lamont) was a member, along with a number of other Conservative MPs whose names are uncomfortably familiar as a result of their notoriety.

How can membership of serving MPs be so easily and readily accepted? Is this just my post (I hope!) Covid hysteria? If so, I'll come quietly! :-D

The Tufton Street mob fall in the same category. All with direct links to the various Brexit pressure groups and Brexit related matters. https://www.desmog.com/55-tufton-street/

Matthew Elliots Taxpayers’ Alliance wants lower taxes (for the wealthy) and more transparency yet is very secretive about their financing but an investigation by the Guardian found some funding had come from a US billionaire-founded religious trust incorporated in the Bahamas.

It's not hysteria Brian, it's reality and people need to wake up and realise they've been used. Democracy as we used to know it flew out the window in the run up to the referendum and then disappeared after 23rd June 2016.

Look at the shenanigans over Partygate with Johnsons constant denial such things ever took place. Now he's been fined, so he had lied to the electorate, lied to parliament, and proven guilty by the police. His supporters and the rag media were out in a frenzy....'nothing to see here, it's just a bit of cake, move on, get over it', etc etc. Then they smelled blood.....the police were investigating Keir Starmer and suddenly the wind changed and the Scum, DM and it's pro-Brexit Johnson sycophants are out in full force screeching 'Beergate, Beergate,' etc. Only a week ago they wanted everyone to 'move on, get over it' etc.

Bearing in mind Keir Starmer hasn't been found guilty of breaking any rule as yet and the police had previously said there was nothing for them to investigate. However Sir Keir Starmer has principles and already said if he is issued with a fixed penalty, he will stand down as leader of the opposition.

Johnson won't stand down despite breaking the law on more than one occasion and should have gone long ago.......but he has no principles and no moral backbone. He thinks Honour is the name of a woman who should open her legs for him. He's an absolute disgrace, unfit to hold political office, and brought shame on this country.

Archived