Dorset fears over second spike and lockdown

Bulletguy

Fears have been sparked that Dorset could become the first county in England to suffer a second coronavirus spike and go back into full lockdown, as crowds of tourists continue to flock to beaches. Boris Johnson has been urged to ‘act now to save the lives of Dorset residents’ with the south-west recently estimated to have an R rate of 0.9 – the highest in the country.

https://tinyurl.com/y75qxyoy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-06-03 4:02 PM

Fears have been sparked that Dorset could become the first county in England to suffer a second coronavirus spike and go back into full lockdown, as crowds of tourists continue to flock to beaches. Boris Johnson has been urged to ‘act now to save the lives of Dorset residents’ with the south-west recently estimated to have an R rate of 0.9 – the highest in the country.

https://tinyurl.com/y75qxyoy

Do I detect more wishful thinking from Dumb Dumb? ;-) .......

Cant think why :D ........

I lied......I can (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Could sum it up in one sentence. Selfish Nimbys would like to use the carelessness of a few as an excuse to ban everybody else, and keep our public beauty spots for themselves.

Or perhaps the comment and reply says it all;

Comment: Younger people are getting infected en-mass, they just aren't getting tested because their symptoms only have them laid up for a few days then they are out & about again spreading it.

Reply: So, if they're not getting tested, how do you know the are being infected en-mass? I don't think we can guess at this. We need evidence.

John52 - 2020-06-08 8:45 AM

Could sum it up in one sentence. Selfish Nimbys would like to use the carelessness of a few as an excuse to ban everybody else, and keep our public beauty spots for themselves.

Comment: Younger people are getting infected en-mass, they just aren't getting tested because their symptoms only have them laid up for a few days then they are out & about again spreading it.

Reply: So, if they're not getting tested, how do you know the are being infected en-mass? I don't think we can guess at this. We need evidence.

Selfish Nimbys?

Or maybe it's selfish individuals, who are happy to break the law so they can carry on touring around - regardless of the consequences?

globebuster - 2020-06-08 9:07 AM

Selfish Nimbys?

Or maybe it's selfish individuals, who are happy to break the law so they can carry on touring around - regardless of the consequences?

I haven't been to Dorset this year

Birdbrain - 2020-06-03 5:59 PM

Dont tell me Domonic Cummings went to Dorset ???

I don't know

But I do know that people are saying if he can go on a drive to test his eyesight, and the same laws apply to us .....

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-08 10:16 AM

Selfish Nimbys?

Yeah......we can tell by the smell of clean fresh air.... and fish :D .......

John52 - 2020-06-08 10:16 AM

Selfish Nimbys?

Well, they can count themselves fortunate then - pity about the other places you bummed around in for weeks on end though.

Archived