Let us sing a song of cheer again

Happy E days are here again!

Your cares and troubles are gone

There'll be no more from now on!

The skies above are clear again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4319358/History-Queen-gives-Royal-Assent-Brexit-Bill.html

B-) :-D :-> :D :-D B-) :D :-> (lol) B-) :-D B-) (lol) B-) .......

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2017-03-16 6:01 PM

Yes Antony is right, still think it wont happen. Least not the way your expecting it to. Its a long way to the finish line and if what I believe is right most people will be singing that song if we are allowed back in again.

Jeez Barry ... You live in a sheltered place in ya music room making love to ya guitar ... The only thing now to decide on the Brexit issue is wether its a hard negotiated exit or a no-deal exit ... Wake up ... Its happening ... Us dunce types have taken you and ya best FB out of the EU ... Breathe it in ... Freedom ... Smells nice doesn't it ???

Yes Antony is right, still think it wont happen. Least not the way your expecting it to. Its a long way to the finish line and if what I believe is right most people will be singing that song if we are allowed back in again.

Apologies for straying a bit off topic, but don't you find it odd that Teresa May considers the Scots can't fairly be asked to vote on independence - because they have inadequate information as a basis for deciding? Apparently though, it was entirely fair to ask the whole or the UK whether or not they wished to leave the EU, in the absence of adequate information as a basis for deciding. I conclude that she must hold a Doctorate in irony!

I also note that nice Mr Davies has now confirmed that no costings on the economic implications of a "hard" Brexit (i.e. WTO terms only) have yet been prepared, yet he remains convinced that the "expected" negotiated outcome will result in a better deal. Er, how does he know, one might fairly ask?

Folk say "you couldn't make it up". But you really couldn't, could you?

antony1969 - 2017-03-16 6:09 PM

... Wake up ... Its happening ... Breathe it in ... Freedom ... Smells nice doesn't it ???

You ready for more Asians and Africans in Uddersfield now then? ;-)

It's good to see you finally embracing multiculturalism. (lol)

Bulletguy - 2017-03-16 6:40 PM

... Wake up ... Its happening ... Breathe it in ... Freedom ... Smells nice doesn't it ???

Most Asians from outside the muslim faith Ive had dealings with are nice folk ... Not had much to do with Africans so can't say on that score but those of our friends , some I would rather have than my own family from West Indies backgrounds are great folk ... If we were to seriously discuss multiculturalism with me living here and you in your whites only village I'd say I've embraced it much more than you ... You read about it but I live it

Brian Kirby - 2017-03-16 6:39 PM

Apologies for straying a bit off topic, but don't you find it odd that Teresa May considers the Scots can't fairly be asked to vote on independence - because they have inadequate information as a basis for deciding? Apparently though, it was entirely fair to ask the whole or the UK whether or not they wished to leave the EU, in the absence of adequate information as a basis for deciding. I conclude that she must hold a Doctorate in irony!

I also note that nice Mr Davies has now confirmed that no costings on the economic implications of a "hard" Brexit (i.e. WTO terms only) have yet been prepared, yet he remains convinced that the "expected" negotiated outcome will result in a better deal. Er, how does he know, one might fairly ask?

During the last independence referendum there was a huge amount of information pl;aced before the populace. The SNP alone produuced a 400 page document. Unfortunately for th SNP most of what they produced was shown to be utter rubbish. Despite their pleas for patriotism etc the majority looked at the economics and said 'No thank you'. Therefore as Scotland voted to remian a part of the UK then it is logiical it should abide by the decsitons made by the Uk as a whole. Even Ms Sturgeon the day after stated 'she respected the result'. Not now she doesn't.

In the EU referendum again a whole lot of information was spouted by both sides and again most of it was total rubbish, so again people voted as their gut feeling told them, and a majotity stated that they wanted to try a change of direction. Despite Ms Sturgeons claims to the contrary only 41% of the electorate in Scotland actually voted to stay in the EU, so a majority did not. Again she states she will have a mandate to call one from Holyrood. But it is starnge that in the parliament she does not have a majority and is relying on a few unelected Greens to get the vote. 3 out of the 5 political Parties there oppose her, but she has a 'cast iron mandate'??? Westmister has just passed the Brexit Bill with I think a majority of poltical Parties supporting it. A bit of a difference methinks.

I doubt anyone is really surprised that information is a bit thin on the grouind as the EU has stated time and again it will not discuss anything until Article 50 is triggered, so when one side won't talk, there is little discussion. However, I do not doubt that behind closed doors a lot of discussion has taken place particularly at national level rather than EU level, so I am sure that as time goes along more and more information will come out. It wil not all be good, of course but then again the bad bits affect both sides. Is the EU really wanting to emulate General Pyrrhus?

Thing is though we are already seeing the Europeans leaving but people are slowly waking up to the fact that we cant function without them. They never considered they would leave of their own accord of course before Brexit so now we will have to recruit and are having to recruit from Asia or Africa. Its happening in the NHS right now. So all that will happen is we will swap our current EU immigrants for none EU ones which being predominately from Asia and Africa will be Muslims.

Yes very ironic. I Think we discussed the fact that there has been no economic assessment of a hard crash out of the EU yesterday but I am starting to think there actually has been one but its so dire they dare not reveal it until they figure out a way out of this mess or that somehow we get a good deal. Its easier at the moment to say "It will all be fine" then go away and hide papping your pants wondering what we are going to do. At some point though the Emperors clothes will be exposed for what they are. Its only a matter of time. Within a year I suspect.

I conclude that she must hold a Doctorate in irony!

I'm sure that if Theresa May had been Prime Minister for the last couple of years, we would not have had a referendum on leaving the EU.

;-)

antony1969 - 2017-03-16 6:48 PM

Most Asians from outside the muslim faith Ive had dealings with are nice folk ... Not had much to do with Africans so can't say on that score but those of our friends , some I would rather have than my own family from West Indies backgrounds are great folk ... If we were to seriously discuss multiculturalism with me living here and you in your whites only village I'd say I've embraced it much more than you ... You read about it but I live it.

Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Malaysia all predominantly "them Muslim". A cute little Malaysian nurse would soon have your pulse racing and heart melting. (lol)

Keep embracing it........you've just voted in many more of "them foreigners" to replace the hard working EU NHS workers you've told are no longer welcome.

Bulletguy - 2017-03-16 9:03 PM

Most Asians from outside the muslim faith Ive had dealings with are nice folk ... Not had much to do with Africans so can't say on that score but those of our friends , some I would rather have than my own family from West Indies backgrounds are great folk ... If we were to seriously discuss multiculturalism with me living here and you in your whites only village I'd say I've embraced it much more than you ... You read about it but I live it.

Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Malaysia all predominantly "them Muslim". A cute little Malaysian nurse would soon have your pulse racing and heart melting. (lol)

Keep embracing it........you've just voted in many more of "them foreigners" to replace the hard working EU NHS workers you've told are no longer welcome.

I've said they are no longer welcome ??? ... Did I ... I honestly don't remember that ... You know more about what I say or think anyway so I'll have to agree with ya won't I ??? ... You see Bullet you'd like to keep your job market open to just your EU club being a little European ... Me I'd like to open it up to the best of what the worlds got to offer ... You really need to get out more

antony1969 - 2017-03-16 9:12 PM

I've said they are no longer welcome ??? ... Did I ...

You as in the collective "you"......the once fanatical Brexiter whose dreams are quickly crumbling away. (lol)

pelmetman - 2017-03-16 3:07 PM

The skies above are clear again,

Let us sing a song of cheer again,

Altogether shout it now,

There's no one who can doubt it now,

Let us tell the world about it now,

So long sad times, go long bad times,

We are rid of you at last;

Howdy gay times, cloudy gray times

You are now a thing of the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4319358/History-Queen-gives-Royal-Assent-Brexit-Bill.html

B-) :-D :-> :D :-D B-) :D :-> (lol) B-) :-D B-) (lol) B-) .......

cc_land.jpg.ea41b8c5c8d91c39531d0dffbad84478.jpg

Pelmetman.jpg.f140d354147d4621a68daf6a58c3bb50.jpg

Bulletguy - 2017-03-16 9:42 PM

I've said they are no longer welcome ??? ... Did I ...

You as in the collective "you"......the once fanatical Brexiter whose dreams are quickly crumbling away. (lol)

Eh ? and eh ?

I've said they are no longer welcome ??? ... Did I ... I honestly don't remember that ... You know more about what I say or think anyway so I'll have to agree with ya won't I ??? ... You see Bullet you'd like to keep your job market open to just your EU club being a little European ... Me I'd like to open it up to the best of what the worlds got to offer ... You really need to get out more

You surprise me Antony after our discussions on here. So you would prefer to ship in thousands of Muslims than Europeans which is what is happening and likely to increase if we leave the EU? To be fair to the Leave Campaign though they did tell Asian communities that a vote to leave would open the door to more Muslim Asians which does appear to be coming true so thats one promise they have kept. Its kind of funny though that as it was a blatant lie to gain the Asian vote which through the chaos that is Brexit is now coming true as they never anticipated the EU workers which they assumed were so desperate to be here would clear off of their own accord.

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-03-17 8:50 AM

Oh my God ... It may not be over ... Barrys boyfriend Gob Geldof makes a chilling Brexit thread ... http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/780132/Bob-Geldof-shuns-Brexit-self-harm-vows-to-undermine-Theresa-May-bbc-nolan-live

I can see it now the next concert will be called ......"Remoaner Aid" ......

With headline acts like Whinge & Bracket, also known as Silly Lilly & Gary Liniker :D .......

Maybe our Bazza could do a turn? ;-) .....singing the Jethro Tull classic "Living in the past" would be ideal (lol) ......

Happy and I'm smilin', walk a mile to drink your water

You know I'd love to love you and above you there's no other

We'll go walking out while others shout of war's disaster

Oh, we won't give in, let's go living in the past

Once I used to join in, every boy and girl was my friend

Now there's revolution but they don't know what they're fighting

Let us close our eyes, outside their lives go on much faster

Oh, we won't give in, we'll keep living in the past

Oh, we won't give in, let's go living in the past

Oh no, no, we won't give in, let's go living in the past

Barryd999 - 2017-03-17 9:31 AM

You surprise me Antony after our discussions on here. So you would prefer to ship in thousands of Muslims than Europeans which is what is happening and likely to increase if we leave the EU? To be fair to the Leave Campaign though they did tell Asian communities that a vote to leave would open the door to more Muslim Asians which does appear to be coming true so thats one promise they have kept. Its kind of funny though that as it was a blatant lie to gain the Asian vote which through the chaos that is Brexit is now coming true as they never anticipated the EU workers which they assumed were so desperate to be here would clear off of their own accord.

If you can show me the Home Office figures for the amount of Muslims who've come here to replace working East Europeans since Brexit then I might be able to reply ... I completed a two week landscaping job couple of weeks ago and while carrying out the work signed for four delivered items , three of the drivers were East European so they obviously aren't leaving are they and I've told you about Huddersfields thriving East European food shops , another one opening couple of weeks ago ... If they are all leaving then who the hell is buying the stuff ... Our East European prison population doesn't seem to be shrinking either

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-03-17 10:07 AM

If you can show me the Home Office figures for the amount of Muslims who've come here to replace working East Europeans since Brexit then I might be able to reply ... I completed a two week landscaping job couple of weeks ago and while carrying out the work signed for four delivered items , three of the drivers were East European so they obviously aren't leaving are they and I've told you about Huddersfields thriving East European food shops , another one opening couple of weeks ago ... If they are all leaving then who the hell is buying the stuff ... Our East European prison population doesn't seem to be shrinking either

Has Gina Miller left yet? :D .........

So because three drivers were Europeans and a European shop opened in Huddersfield that proves they are not leaving? *-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-eu-workers-nationals-labour-shortage-contribute-uk-cipd-europe-quit-2017-a7576991.html

I cannot find the official home office figures but I assume by now you will have watched the Dispatches program about the NHS. FACT. The NHS are now recruiting in Asia because they cannot get EU nurses or doctors anymore thanks to Brexit let alone British ones. FACT, 60% of Doctors and NHS staff from the EU are either leaving or considering leaving the UK. It is happening in other sectors as well.

The first cock up assumption of Brexit was that we had too many EU nationals here but now it is clearly apparent that they are all here for a reason. We need them. The second cock up assumption of Brexit was that when we "Take back control" we would be able to dictate how many EU nationals came here and turn off the tap when we thought we were full. What they didnt anticipate is us turning on the tap when we needed it and nothing coming out.

What we have done is alienate ourselves to EU workers which for many Brexiteers will be a delight until they realise that we cannot fill these places ourselves and they have to be filled from somewhere. Asia and Africa being the next choice. All you have achieved in doing that is replacing one lot of immigrants for another lot which will be more costly to train and bring in and who will be much less akin with your beloved British culture.

The fact is we need free movement, its as simple as that and would you not prefer it from our own doorstep?

Barryd999 - 2017-03-17 10:57 AM

So because three drivers were Europeans and a European shop opened in Huddersfield that proves they are not leaving? *-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-eu-workers-nationals-labour-shortage-contribute-uk-cipd-europe-quit-2017-a7576991.html

I cannot find the official home office figures but I assume by now you will have watched the Dispatches program about the NHS. FACT. The NHS are now recruiting in Asia because they cannot get EU nurses or doctors anymore thanks to Brexit let alone British ones. FACT, 60% of Doctors and NHS staff from the EU are either leaving or considering leaving the UK. It is happening in other sectors as well.

The first cock up assumption of Brexit was that we had too many EU nationals here but now it is clearly apparent that they are all here for a reason. We need them. The second cock up assumption of Brexit was that when we "Take back control" we would be able to dictate how many EU nationals came here and turn off the tap when we thought we were full. What they didnt anticipate is us turning on the tap when we needed it and nothing coming out.

What we have done is alienate ourselves to EU workers which for many Brexiteers will be a delight until they realise that we cannot fill these places ourselves and they have to be filled from somewhere. Asia and Africa being the next choice. All you have achieved in doing that is replacing one lot of immigrants for another lot which will be more costly to train and bring in and who will be much less akin with your beloved British culture.

The fact is we need free movement, its as simple as that and would you not prefer it from our own doorstep?

Fact 60% of doctors and nurses from the EU are considering leaving ??? How do you know that ... Leaving what the UK or the NHS ??? Leaving for what reason ??? If as I presume you will claim 60% are leaving The NHS because the don't feel loved anymore since Brexit then all professions will be losing 60% of East European staff surely because they won't feel loved too ... I'm not seeing hotels shut down because they can't get staff or supermarkets or any other failing businesses because they are all leaving ... Show me some

Archived