Heat or Eat?

Bulletguy

This shows how totally detached from reality the clown and his government are.

In an interview on ITV's Good Morning Britain the prime minister was told of a 77-year-old pensioner who rode the bus because she could not afford heating.

"To cut down on spending, Elsie has resorted to eating one meal a day. She’s losing weight, she’s 77," host Susanna Reid said.

"She goes to the supermarket at the end of the day to buy yellow sticker discounted items.

"She gets up early in the morning to use her Freedom bus pass to stay on buses all day to avoid using energy at home. What else should Elise cut back on?"

Johnson replied: “Just to remind you that the 24 hour freedom bus pass was something that I introduced.” *-)

The programme's host replied: “Marvellous, so Elsie should be grateful to you for her bus pass!”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-bus-pass-pensioners-warm-b2070395.html

Barryd999 - 2022-05-03 9:30 PM

a lot of these pensioners freezing at home probably voted for the useless haystack.

Because the gullible were told to by £billionaire 'newspaper' owners domiciled in Her Majesty's Tax Havens - fearful of Jeremy Corbyn & the EU who might have got into HM tax havens and made them pay tax.

Bulletguy - 2022-05-03 4:34 PM

Johnson replied: “Just to remind you that the 24 hour freedom bus pass was something that I introduced.” *-)

Actually it was the London Boroughs who introduced that bus pass.

But Johnson did actually say something I could agree with 8-)

I'm not sure a surprise tax on the energy companies would be a good idea.

Although politically popular, so I guess they must be hiring Tory Mps to avoid it

BP Shares are about £4. Three years ago they were £5.50 - they have lost £20bn this quarter due to Russia

Since the Tories sold our power and water supplies off cheap to companies who hire Tory MPs, they are run by worldwide companies who will invest where they see the best return. Which means we have to put up with French State owned EDF increasing prices 4% in France, and 54% in UK.

We have to put up with that because If we slap a surprise tax on them whenever its politically popular they will invest elsewhere and our lights will be going out.

EDF won't desert France because they are owned by the French public. Like our power and water supplies used to be before the Tories gave them away :-S

Oh and I don't have any shares in them (My money is in the S&P 500)

John52 - 2022-05-04 8:14 AM

I am.

BP made £5 billion profit........and that was from just 3 months. 8-)

It's late in the day now but all essential industries should be nationalised.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/bp-q1-profits-oil-gas-russia-rosneft-tax-bernard-looney-b997561.html

Cabinet MP George Eustice has the answer for the proles struggling to pay bills and people like Elsie who uses her bus pass to ride around all day on buses because she can't afford to heat her home now.

He says people should buy supermarket budget value brands. In other words, 'let them eat cheaper cake'. *-)

https://news.sky.com/story/cost-of-living-crisis-worsening-as-shop-prices-rise-at-fastest-rate-in-more-than-a-decade-12604935

Bulletguy - 2022-05-04 4:53 PM

John52 - 2022-05-04 8:14 AM

I am.

BP made £5 billion profit........and that was from just 3 months. 8-)

It's late in the day now but all essential industries should be nationalised.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/bp-q1-profits-oil-gas-russia-rosneft-tax-bernard-looney-b997561.html

BP made its biggest ever quarterly loss when you take into account what its lost in Russia.

Oil which China is now buying at a steep discount.

A couple of years ago oil prices went negative and the oil majors lost a combined $76 billion according to the FT. Should they be compensated by the taxpayer when the oil price is low?

BP provides a lot of proper jobs and pays a lot of tax.

What we should be looking at is a tax on Johnson's £billionaire backers domiciled in Her Majesty's Tax Havens. Like the owner of the Daily Mail.

"21st century" Britain is becoming more like a film set for Oliver.......except it's real. >:-(

Every weekday Andrew Murkin comes to Downham Market library for books, wifi and – most importantly – warmth.

Murkin, who is 63 and receives disability benefits, lives in a bungalow in the Norfolk town and as his energy bills rose this winter he decided to heat only one room for two hours a day.

“In the winter I come to the library to keep warm,” he said. “I like to get up early. But sitting at home is miserable in the cold.”

At weekends, when his local library is mostly closed, he has few options. “In winter I just sit at home with my coat on and a duvet on,” he said. “I’ve been wearing two T-shirts, two jumpers and a coat inside. A lot of my friends do the same.”

When Joan Mulholland, 89, found out last month her energy bills were due to increase again, she panicked. “I rang up the company and said: ‘I’m not going to be able to afford £200 a month.’”

She gets by on a state pension and is worried it will not be enough this winter. “I’m thinking of stopping my TV licence off to pay for the heating,” she said. “My weekly food bill has gone up by about £2 a week and I’ve cut back as much as I can.”

“It’s very difficult because I live on my own. I have to watch things like not putting too much water in the kettle. Lighting the oven for one meal works out very expensive when there’s only one of you, so I’m going to move to salads and not cook too much.”

https://tinyurl.com/2xd89nrr

Perhaps we should disband the armed forces and sell of their ships, aircraft and tanks to Putin to replace his recent losses?

All of the people could then be given jobs as carers so that nobody else ever has to work and provide for their own future.

Perhaps then Putin could invade a defenceles, but well cared for, UK whilst the rest of the world watched as Brits were liberated from freedom.

Nanny State - cradle to grave - bring it on!

Tracker - 2022-05-10 7:23 PM

Perhaps we should disband the armed forces and sell of their ships, aircraft and tanks to Putin to replace his recent losses?

I doubt that will even begin to scratch the surface of the catastrophic financial damage inflicted on the country by the cabal of crooks in number 10 who've been dishing out £billions of taxpayers money to their chums. But your PM has reduced the number of tanks from 227 to 148 as he thinks "the 1940's concept of fighting big tank battles on European land masses are over".

Thats what a failed journalist and serial philanderer told Tobias Ellwood MP who served with the Royal Green Jackets. I think Mr Ellwood is better qualified. Besides, what tanks we do have wouldn't last a week in Ukraine;

Lieutenant Colonel Stuart Crawford, who served in the Royal Tank Regiment for 20 years, said that in the 1980s the army had 900 tanks.

He said: “Now we are hopelessly under-equipped. They [tanks] are so few in number and there are no reserves.

“The Royal Armoured Corps is now a ‘use once only’ asset, because we have no replacement tanks to re-equip it.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-tanks-wouldnt-last-a-week-in-ukraine-analysts-say-3zszcvsm3

1121363517_TobiasEllwood.JPG.d3702e33cd201b1385856f46cfd7211a.JPG

Archived