Honours List

Birdbrain

The celebs who get them I dont care about but these 2 ladies who have fought FGM very bravely deserve any award and any recognition they receive ... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/queens-birthday-honours-list-nimco-ali-dr-leyla-hussein-obe-a8949416.html ... FGM is barbaric and butchers young girls forcibly ... Well done them for highlighting it in their own communities

Well of course they have to give honours to some deserving people to give their honours system some credibility.

After Sir Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG, James Stuart Hall OBE, Patrick Mercer MP OBE, Lord Archer, Sir Mark Thatcher, Sir Roy Meadow, Sir Cyril Smith MBE, Sir Malcolm Rifkind, Samantha Cameron's stylist, Sirloin etc, one might wonder if there is any credibility left in their honours system?

But Sir Phillip Green seems keen to keep his. Something worked in his favour when he went to court and got gagging orders preventing the media disclosing all the bullying and sexual harrasement cases he had paid out on to keep quiet. (Until Peter Hain used Parliamentary Privelege to name him)

One wonders if someone without a title would have got so much support from the Establishment. Like Sir Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG used the threat of legal action to silence the media reporting all the allegations against him.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-06-08 7:26 AM

Well of course they have to give honours to some deserving people to give their honours system some credibility.

After Sir Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG, James Stuart Hall OBE, Patrick Mercer MP OBE, Lord Archer, Sir Mark Thatcher, Sir Roy Meadow, Sir Cyril Smith MBE, Sir Malcolm Rifkind, Samantha Cameron's stylist, Sirloin etc, one might wonder if there is any credibility left in their honours system?

But Sir Phillip Green seems keen to keep his. Something worked in his favour when he went to court and got gagging orders preventing the media disclosing all the bullying and sexual harrasement cases he had paid out on to keep quiet. (Until Peter Hain used Parliamentary Privelege to name him)

One wonders if someone without a title would have got so much support from the Establishment. Like Sir Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG used the threat of legal action to silence the media reporting all the allegations against him.

You seem to be keeping stum about why you've been away? ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-06-08 7:33 AM

John52 - 2019-06-08 7:26 AM

You seem to be keeping stum about why you've been away? ;-) .........

You seem very keen to change the subject again :D

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 9:08 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 7:11 AM

Not going to argue with that. Barbaric and horrendous practice out of the stone age. Celebs get it done though?.

Celebs get what done ??? ... Those two fighting FGM aren't celebs

You said you dont care about celebs that get them done.

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 9:36 AM

Not going to argue with that. Barbaric and horrendous practice out of the stone age. Celebs get it done though?.

What you on about princess

John52 - 2019-06-08 9:33 AM

Celebs get what done ??? ...

FGM apparently.

Just trying to explain it more simply than Barry did because I can see you don't have a birds intelligence ;-)

What ya on about Pete

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 9:50 AM

FGM apparently.

Just trying to explain it more simply than Barry did because I can see you don't have a birds intelligence ;-)

What ya on about Pete

Sorry but you need to change your name again.

Birdbrain suggests a level of intelligence

John52 - 2019-06-08 4:48 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 9:50 AM

FGM apparently.

What ya on about Pete

Sorry but you need to change your name again.

Birdbrain suggests a level of intelligence

Im fairly new on here but I guess insults dont cut it with the forum owners ... It might be more testing to answer my last question rather than throwing insults but please try

Birdbrain - 2019-06-08 9:48 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-08 9:36 AM

What you on about princess

Forget what I said I got confused. I was up all night smoking weed with Raab C Brexit. I thought you meant celebs got FGM done on purpose but you meant them getting honours.

Archived