How far is 7000 lorries then?

Barryd999

How long is a queue of 7000 lorries then?

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/14/official-post-brexit-report-warns-of-queues-of-7000-lorries-in-kent?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1ccH9Txl664YgLlSVxj2lW17OiGcTO24wStsjTRNWdFNq16mvr25wqUco

I worked it out. A typical hgv is 18.75 metres. Allow a metre or so for the drivers not to get too close so they can stand between them. Have a slash, fag, cup of tea etc. Thats 140000 metres or roughly 90 miles.

I presumed though that all the council run lorry parks that are frantically being set up would take the strain off the queue but perhaps not.

Mind you they are taking it seriously by shutting down Coronavirus testing centres to make way for Brexit log jam lorry parks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-test-centre-brexit-kent-ebbsfleet-covid-b447075.html

Apparently the IT systems wont be ready for Testing until November (that will be December then). Not a chance in hell of them being properly tested and debugged by January. More chance of Johnsons bridge to NI being built before then.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-15 6:58 PM

I suspect thats nothing to the number of British destined lorries which will be stuck at customs clearance points around the EU with 'just in time' exports or deliveries.

I pity anyone trying to run a business in England :-S

Seeing as the vast majority of the wagons I see on ferries are EU wagons ;-) ..........

It will be EU hauliers who will suffer the most if the EU decides to play silly b*ggers >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-09-15 9:18 PM

I suspect thats nothing to the number of British destined lorries which will be stuck at customs clearance points around the EU with 'just in time' exports or deliveries.

Seeing as the vast majority of the wagons I see on ferries are EU wagons ;-) ..........

It will be EU hauliers who will suffer the most if the EU decides to play silly b*ggers >:-) .........

By playing silly buggers do you mean abiding by EU rules and customs arrangements for "Third countries" that are not EU members? Thats the problem with you Brexiteers. You still think you can leave the club but still have all the benefits. A ridiculous gamble that clearly you have lost.

Bulletguy - 2020-09-15 6:57 PM

Take a look at this; https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/928/made

Lorry parks coming soon to a green site near you. No argument. No protest. Just dictatorship.

Farage lives in Kent doesnt he? I hope they build one outside his house (or even around it). (lol)

I bet he moves. Kent will be in chaos. Mind you they cant complain. They voted to leave in Kent and knew what they were voting for. (lol)

Thats why I said British destined lorries, not British lorries.

Taxing lorries is an easy stealth tax.

Politicians love stealth taxes.

Ever Since Sir Jeffrey Howe hit on this wheeze about 40 years ago, Successive English Governments have cut income tax and replaced it with stealth taxes that people like you don't notice - because, incredibly but as your post shows, you still haven't realised that increased transport costs of the goods you buy are passed on to you.

You never cease to amaze me with how easily you are fooled.

So the British Government has practically taxed and regulated the British International Haulage industry out of business, like British merchant shipping.

Wheras countries like the Netherlands have taxed their lorries less, and built up a massive and hugely profitable international haulage business, which generates a lot of employment, cuts the price of goods io their shops, raises the standard of living for their citizens, and brings in a huge amount of foreign currency.

But thats beside the point here.

Can't you see it makes no difference who owns the lorries.

If it takes them longer to get to & from England, their costs increase by delays, taxes or whatever, they will pass that on to you the consumer.

They are not going to keep running at a loss are they

I thought you were supposed to be a businessman *-)

Bulletguy - 2020-09-15 6:57 PM

Take a look at this; https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/928/made

Lorry parks coming soon to a green site near you. No argument. No protest. Just dictatorship.

Just shows what they can do when its something they want.

If they wanted to solve the housing crisis they could have done that to build more homes. :-S

Barryd999 - 2020-09-15 10:28 PM

Thats the problem with you Brexiteers. You still think you can leave the club but still have all the benefits. .

Seems to think Brittannia rules the waves,

stronger than the other 27 countries put together,

so can dictate its own terms *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-16 7:24 AM

Thats the problem with you Brexiteers. You still think you can leave the club but still have all the benefits. .

Yep we will :D .........

Just a 106 days until we can tell their fishing boats..........Gerroff of my sea >:-) ............

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.0505f5638545e0ac2a3dd7ed5e65fa63.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-16 8:35 AM

Just a 106 days until we can tell their fishing boats..........Gerroff of my sea >:-) ............

and the English skippers who have sold their quotas to EU boats can get them back for nowt

Fishing is 0.06% of your GDP

and even the fisherman are having second thoughts now they realise they will lose access to EU markets - which they need to sell the high value fish the English won't buy

Hmm. Not so fast.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-fish-exclusive/exclusive-britain-has-moved-to-break-fisheries-deadlock-in-brexit-trade-talks-eu-sources-idUKKBN266329?il=0

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-16 9:45 AM

Hmm. Not so fast.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-fish-exclusive/exclusive-britain-has-moved-to-break-fisheries-deadlock-in-brexit-trade-talks-eu-sources-idUKKBN266329?il=0

Not more reliable info from a unidentified source? *-) .........

You Losers have got more source's than HP..........

869126965_43S46P8giggle.jpg.d7da669576ea3f8d952a1abffcf0c8b7.jpg

John52 - 2020-09-16 6:47 AM

Can't you see it makes no difference who owns the lorries. If it takes them longer to get to & from England, their costs increase by delays, taxes or whatever, they will pass that on to you the consumer. They are not going to keep running at a loss are they? I thought you were supposed to be a businessman *-)

That's beyond Pelmet. :-|

Archived