Independence March

John52

I mustn't miss these marches. They'll give me as big a laugh as watching Fatty Blackford's impotent ramblings in the HoC.

The Scots really are an ungrateful bunch. We treat them generously as we do other developing nations, they make their citizens pay more tax than anyone else in the UK and they still manage to screw up their economy. What more can we do to keep their bairns in porridge and their parents in fried Mars Bars and heroin? Really, just imagine how they'd manage without us propping them up. They'd have to raise income tax to astronomical levels.

I must say that I do think that John52's picture of himself as a typical Glaswegian does prove that letting Scotland have independence would be like letting an alcoholic have free run of an off-licence. Obviously an off-licence over the border in Berwick or Carlisle, where the prices are much lower. Another example of Scotland screwing more money out of its poor people but still failing miserably to balance the books.

Here's a good read.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1225588/nicola-sturgeon-news-snp-latest-scotland-tax-income-tax-sajid-javid-hmrc?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-uk-news+%28Express+%3A%3A+UK+Feed%29

747 - 2020-01-11 11:48 AM

Wow, thousands of the 5 Million population are marching for independance. 8-)

Better give 'em it then! :D

Chuckle ... Ye the games up , they've won ... Wonder if any of those drunk Scotch dossers who litter our shop doorways have made it up to march

Good example of press bias because it ignores YOUR English Taxpayers Money BoJo is throwing at Scotland to maintain HIS empire

John52 - 2020-01-11 1:50 PM

Good example of press bias because it ignores YOUR English Taxpayers Money BoJo is throwing at Scotland to maintain HIS empire

It was an article about Scotland's enormous tax increases. It wasn't an article about the UK's generous subsidies to stop Scotland from imploding. Honestly, you are an ungrateful little twerp. BoJo doesn't want hegemony over Scotland, he wants to save you from yourselves. Learn some manners and send him a 'thank you' card.

John52 - 2020-01-11 3:25 PM

Someone who is always nitpicking at others should realise he can't be in Cheshire AND France *-)

Cheshire OR France maybe

Nice bit of whataboutery again. I've given my locations. Sometimes I'm in the UK and sometimes I'm in France. Therefore I have two regular locations.

You regularly leave Scotland but I don't recollect you ever changing your location. You really are very dim. How can you be in Scotland when you're in England?

Birdbrain - 2020-01-12 2:55 PM

Went well ... https://twitter.com/hahahsjficodo/status/1216160815851560960

Photos remind me of cycling through Edinburgh ... traffic chaos as half the streets were closed. Very slow going so stopped just to see what was going on. Got kettled behind some barriers in a corner by the police probably about 12 of us. A photo was taken that made us look like a small part of a great crowd, and I saw myself in the paper identified as a fan of some Royal Hanger On 8-) who was visiting and the cause of all the road closures. >:-) None of us there even knew who it was who was visiting. :-S Yet we were made to look like part of a great crowd of his fans *-)

Archived