Mordaunt goes to US with begging bowl

Bulletguy

Penny Mordaunt MP and Minister of State at DIT is in the US annoyed they've signed tariff free deals with the EU which we threw away.

POTUS Biden has slammed the brakes on trade talks, embarrassing Brexit supporters who argued an agreement would be easy and the biggest win from leaving the European Union. (Excellent work Sir, we in Chatterbox salute you :-D ).

Mordaunt then goes on to lecture the US, “The most critical partner for us is the US. For the US to wait to seize this opportunity would be to all our detriment, but also to its own,”

“You need to increase opportunities for business and attract investment. Want the prospect of a best-in-class deal on agriculture? Think you will get that from the EU?”

As if that wasn't enough, yet more bollox from Mordaunt.....Brexit has allowed the UK to “plug ourselves back into the global economy”. Oh brother.....where do they get these clowns from? (lol)(lol)

The head of the Best for Britain group, which campaigns for a better Brexit deal called the speech “embarrassing”, when firms were struggling to cope with the “failed deal with the EU”.

“It’s embarrassing for the government who said the US would be clamouring for a deal to now be begging for one,” Naomi Smith said. “And, given their track record of ditching standards to get other trade deals over the line, this level of desperation should ring alarm bells for anyone who cares about the health service, farming and food standards in the UK.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-us-trade-deal-penny-mordaunt-b1976711.html

It's worth remembering Mordaunt was among those who, pre-Brexit referendum, trotted out the rubbish about "Turkey joining the EU" to whip up the racists and xenophobes to whom it meant "swarms" of foreigners and worse still, migrants/Muslims. 8-)

Barryd999 - 2021-12-16 9:18 PM

Silly mare. Sounds like she has had the audacity to do the "Do you know who we are" bit with the Americans. Oh dear. Biden wont give us nothing while Johnson and his batty Brexit continue to threaten Northern Ireland anyway.

Typical Brexiter who still lives in days of colonialism. *-)

Mordaunt appears to be having some sort of emotional break down.

You can’t go abroad & give a passive aggressive “begging speech” in order to emotionally blackmail the USA into being nice to us.

I’ve read it 3 times now.

It’s bonkers.

I'm sure Pelmethead would have a view on this important development, if only his life was not so full as he is still waiting for his windows to arrive and hasn't got time to feed his chimps, although I suspect that is because he's so busy spanking his monkey.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-12-17 12:06 AM

You can’t go abroad & give a passive aggressive “begging speech” in order to emotionally blackmail the USA into being nice to us.

It’s bonkers.

The full transcript is even more bonkers. Mad as a box of frogs would be downplaying her inflated grandiose pomposity. 8-)

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/the-trade-revolution

America's greatest celebration is the anniversary of the day they got rid of Britain.

Biden's ancestors were forced to leave their homeland by the English.

Now we have a PM who was so close to Trump they call him mini-Trump.

A 'Trade Envoy' sheltering here to evade questioning over his pedophile friend....

and a 'Special Relationship'. like the relationship between Stalker & Stalkee

Only one side thinks it exists :-S

CurtainRaiser - 2021-12-17 12:06 AM

It’s bonkers.

I'm sure Pelmethead would have a view on this important development, if only his life was not so full as he is still waiting for his windows to arrive and hasn't got time to feed his chimps, although I suspect that is because he's so busy spanking his monkey.

Maybe he still believes his hero that it will be OK when he gets a Royal Yacht to sign all these trade deals in *-)

Barryd999 - 2021-12-16 9:18 PM

Silly mare. Sounds like she has had the audacity to do the "Do you know who we are" bit with the Americans. Oh dear. Biden wont give us nothing while Johnson and his batty Brexit continue to threaten Northern Ireland anyway.

Exactly

Johnson went to the USA for a trade deal and came back with nothing. He isn't going to want someone else to succeed where he failed. He isn't going to send anyone who is credible. He sends that bimbo so folk blame her for our having no trade deals. :-S

Archived