Paul Dacre retires

John52

I Saw this posted on another forum this morning

"Will we see a pro remain Daily Mail come the Autumn?

Many would say that fleet street was more instrumental than Westminister in winning the referendum. And that one man above all, Paul Dacre (editor of the Mail) was more instrumental than anyone else.

Well big changes are afoot. Dacre defied the owner of the Mail (Rothermere a reemainer) but is now retiring. Geordie Greig who is editor of the Mail on Sunday is a committed remainer and the Mail on Sunday is to today a remainer paper. It looks like that Greig will succeed Dacre.

Gone will be the days of "enemies of the people" headlines with respect to the courts and house of peers! With the Mail at best neutral or pro remain it makes you wonder how long brexit will last then, fatally wounded as it is now. It will be November before Dacre actually steps down so maybe a long and lingering death but death it is for brexit in the eyes of public opinion before the turn of the year."

What will you Beano readers do then? There is always the Brexpress of course. ;D

Barryd999 - 2018-06-08 9:52 AM

Rothermere a reemainer

Presumably because he is not domiciled in one of Her Majesty's Tax havens under threat from an EU wide tax treaty, and has not bet against the UK economy like the Hedge Fund managers backing Brexit.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-08 11:11 AM

Hasnt the Brexpress been taken over by pro remain Mirror Group as well recently? Not that its made any difference. Their comments pages make Chatterbox look like a WI Sewing circle. Always good for a laugh and a bit of trolling. :D

I think it was a pragmatic business decision to leave the editorial policy unchanged.

If they published anything intelligent it would alienate its current readership, and possibly draw customers away from the Daily Mirror.?

Sp presumably they will continue with headlines of grossly exaggerated weather forecasts etc to drive sales?

Guest pelmetman

Many would say that fleet street was more instrumental than Westminister in winning the referendum. And that one man above all, Paul Dacre (editor of the Mail) was more instrumental than anyone else.

Well big changes are afoot. Dacre defied the owner of the Mail (Rothermere a reemainer) but is now retiring. Geordie Greig who is editor of the Mail on Sunday is a committed remainer and the Mail on Sunday is to today a remainer paper. It looks like that Greig will succeed Dacre.

Gone will be the days of "enemies of the people" headlines with respect to the courts and house of peers! With the Mail at best neutral or pro remain it makes you wonder how long brexit will last then, fatally wounded as it is now. It will be November before Dacre actually steps down so maybe a long and lingering death but death it is for brexit in the eyes of public opinion before the turn of the year."

What will you Beano readers do then? There is always the Brexpress of course. ;D

Obviously you've never read the DM comments? >:-) ........

Although it has been mod'ed in the extreme lately *-) ...........

Maybe I need somewhere else to "Express" my self in public :D.......

pelmetman - 2018-06-08 8:04 PM

Obviously you've never read the DM comments? >:-) ........

Although it has been mod'ed in the extreme lately *-) ...........

Maybe I need somewhere else to "Express" my self in public :D.......

Oh I do read the DM comments but Im banned. Well at least they never ever publish anything I say. The Brexpress do though. I have loads on there. They dont half get their knickers in a twist. No sense of humour some people.

John52 - 2018-06-09 9:13 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-06-08 11:25 PM

Oh I do read the DM comments but Im banned.

Cool :B-)

I've not been banned from the Daily Mail yet .

They totally censor the comments on there. There is plenty of evidence online that they do. I reckon Dave Pelmet tipped them off about me.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-09 10:20 AM

They totally censor the comments on there. There is plenty of evidence online that they do. I reckon Dave Pelmet tipped them off about me.

Perhaps the Mad Hatter will kindly do the same for me too - then I can get banned from the Daily Mail without having to join (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-09 10:20 AM

They totally censor the comments on there. There is plenty of evidence online that they do.

You and me both *-) .............

Archived