Perfect Put Down - for a BBC Interviewer

StuartO

A professor of something from Edinburgh was being interviewed on Radio 4 because his Dept had a new angle on some epidemiological thing but the Interviewer's first question was what did he think of the London Professor who had resigned because his mistress had visited him twice during Lockdown - would he be a serious loss to the Government's SAGE group, in which he had had a prominent role?

"I didn't come on here to talk about Professor Ferguson, I know nothing more than you do about that." said the Edinburgh Professor. "OK" was the limp reply from the interviewer, who then went on to ask about the Edinburgh activities.

StuartO - 2020-05-06 8:43 AM

A professor of something from Edinburgh was being interviewed on Radio 4 because his Dept had a new angle on some epidemiological thing but the Interviewer's first question was what did he think of the London Professor who had resigned because his mistress had visited him twice during Lockdown - would he be a serious loss to the Government's SAGE group, in which he had had a prominent role?

"I didn't come on here to talk about Professor Ferguson, I know nothing more than you do about that." said the Edinburgh Professor. "OK" was the limp reply from the interviewer, who then went on to ask about the Edinburgh activities.

so where was the put down?

For someone who spends so much time moaning at me over the lockdown laws, why would you not want anyone to comment on those who should be setting us an example?

StuartO - 2020-05-06 11:25 AM

I’d like to help you but I fear it would be like trying to explain a joke to someone who has absolutely no sense of humour.

Another good put down there Stuart. :D

StuartO - 2020-05-06 8:43 AM

All a bit sketchy Stuart. What was the prof interviewed a professor of and what were the 'Edinburgh activities'? If it all related to 'some epidemiological thing' as you said, then it was inevitable Prof.Ferguson would be mentioned as thats his qualification. Given Scotlands medical officer resigned promptly after making two trips to her holiday home during lockdown, what begs the question over the matter concerning Prof. Ferguson is why it took over a month before he resigned, especially as his lady friend believed her husband was showing coronavirus symptoms at the time. Very selfish and irresponsible actions on both parts wouldn't you agree?

StuartO - 2020-05-06 4:41 PM

Today Programme, Radio 4 this morning; listen to it yourself on BBC Sounds.

Since you started the thread on it, Bullet might have thought you had listened to it and knew what you were talking about *-)

Oh I did listen to the bit with the put down in it (and chuckled aloud) but I'm afraid my appetite for yet more un-official "expert" information on coronavirus has been somewhat overwhelmed so I didn't pay much attention after that. Bulletman wanted more detail so I told him exactly where he could listen to the whole thing - anything wrong with that?

I appreciate that you feel compelled to have the last word (or rather to make that last criticism) whenever you can but if you haven't got the necessary open mind or sense of humour and you didn't get it the first time, is there really any point in digging deeper and deeper?

Archived