Queer Stammer loses place in rambling speech to CBI

John52

I'm beginning to think that this whole Peppa Pig thing is another "making buses out of cardboard boxes" thing?

No longer will search engines bring up "Johnson" and "pigs" with the unnecessary slaughter of 100,000's of pigs.

Now it will be Johnson went to Peppa Pig land.

Interesting to note that the BBC were never offered PP and that the six billion pound company that owns it is called Hasbro and is American. Still no need to let the truth get in the way of a bit of BBC kicking.

malc d - 2021-11-22 5:28 PM

You really shouldn't be so rude about the man the people have chosen as the United Kingdoms leading statesman.

We need the world to take him seriously.

(lol)

p.s. His critics should remember how smoothly he removed us from the EU.

Sadly not only is the world not take him seriously, serious people no longer take the country seriously.

“The scheme itself is a joke – it cannot be discussed seriously,” he says. “The government thinks if you pump up UK science with a verbal diarrhea of optimism – it can somehow become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2298455-uk-visa-scheme-for-prize-winning-scientists-receives-no-applications/

This is what I dont get about his loyal supporters. Throughout the Brexit wars they claimed to be true patriots and called us remainers traitors and all sorts of insulting clap trap yet they dont seem bothered that we are the laughing stock of the world and nobody likes or trusts Boris Johnson and the Tories. If they cared about our country one jot they would want shot of him and the Tory party put back in order. Why? Why dont they care about any of that?

malc d - 2021-11-22 9:21 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-22 5:49 PM

.......................and nobody likes or trusts Boris Johnson and the Tories.

Bit of wishful thinking there I reckon.

:-|

I think he means nobody who could give us a proper trade deal.

Because nobody has

How could they trust Johnson to keep it

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-22 5:15 PM

I'm beginning to think that this whole Peppa Pig thing is another "making buses out of cardboard boxes" thing?

No longer will search engines bring up "Johnson" and "pigs" with the unnecessary slaughter of 100,000's of pigs.

Now it will be Johnson went to Peppa Pig land.

Interesting to note that the BBC were never offered PP and that the six billion pound company that owns it is called Hasbro and is American. Still no need to let the truth get in the way of a bit of BBC kicking.

Could be

.. or maybe Johnson was also trying to say its not because of his Brexit, his lies and his untrustworthyness that companies are leaving the UK

John52 - 2021-11-23 8:53 AM

Because nobody has

Exactly. Nobody outside the UK trusts Johnson. As said we are the laughing stock of the world. It wasnt so bad when Trump was still in power as everyone just p*ssed themselves at America being so dumb to vote in a moron like Trump and nobody trusted him either. Even Johnson slagged him off FFS! *-) Now he is gone we are the number 1 joke country in the civilised world. His supporters probably dont care though. They are just funny silly foreigners, Who cares what they think, we dont need them do we? 8-)

Thrown away a free trade deal with our neighbours the worlds biggest and wealthiest trading partner.

Because Johnson promised us something better.

I feel gutted for those who have spent their life building up a business in England.

Who take pride in their work and wouldn't pay bribes to get in the Tories VIP lane.

Those who have given up.

And those who are still here swimming against the tide.

Hoping for some help or reassurance from Johnson :-S

Barryd999 - 2021-11-23 10:27 AM

wasnt so bad when Trump was still in power as everyone just p*ssed themselves at America being so dumb to vote in a moron like Trump and nobody trusted him either. Even Johnson slagged him off FFS! *-)

Only when everyone else had slagged Trump off because it was clear he was finished.

Don't forget how Johnson sucked up to Trump until then - Biden hasn't forgotten :-S

John52 - 2021-11-23 1:26 PM

Thrown away a free trade deal with our neighbours the worlds biggest and wealthiest trading partner.

Because Johnson promised us something better.

I feel gutted for those who have spent their life building up a business in England.

Who take pride in their work and wouldn't pay bribes to get in the Tories VIP lane.

Those who have given up.

And those who are still here swimming against the tide.

Hoping for some help or reassurance from Johnson :-S

I keep asking Brexiteers and Tory supporters what that "Something" now is since its pretty clear they have abandoned Singapore on Thames as an idea.

Whats the plan? Nobody seems to have an answer. Pelmet? Birdbrain? Who else on here supports them still? Maybe nobody. (lol) Someone must know surely.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-23 1:46 PM

Whats the plan? Nobody seems to have an answer. Pelmet? Birdbrain? Who else on here supports them still? Maybe nobody. (lol) Someone must know surely.

Well today's plan is to privatise the NHS and that's before Parliament this evening.

It was hardly covered by the press yesterday because we were all talking about Peppa Pig.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-23 2:41 PM

Well today's plan is to privatise the NHS and that's before Parliament this evening.

It was hardly covered by the press yesterday because we were all talking about Peppa Pig.

Nothing ive seen in the news either or about the Demo outside Parliament.

According to the Brexiteers all that NHS Privatisation stuff was all project fear but this is what Brexit has enabled. More privatisation of the NHS and of course more lining of Tory Crony pockets.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2021/november/two-weeks-to-save-the-nhs-unite-leads-campaign-to-oppose-the-health-and-care-bill/

Its disaster capitalism by government. They probably know they have a few years and will just openly rape the country for all they can get while laughing in the faces of the very people who put them there and bizarrely still support them!

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-23 2:41 PM

Sadly a good chunk of it already is through 'back door' privatisation.

All non-emergency Ambulances are now run by private companies plus all ancillary employees, porters and catering staff, all private now. They charge the NHS for their services.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-23 10:27 AM

John52 - 2021-11-23 8:53 AM

Because nobody has

. Nobody outside the UK trusts Johnson. ll )

Now that you have changed your statement to " OUTSIDE the UK " - it may be true ( although I've not seen much evidence of it ).

Problem is - too many people INSIDE the U.K. still like him.

Understandable in some ways. Everyone loves a clown - but not everyone follows politics.

:-(

Prime Minister to CBI

a new Decalogue that I produced exactly a year ago when I came down from Sinai and I said to my officials, ‘the new Ten Commandments thou shalt develop’:

"And, with safer streets, with great local schools, with fantastic broadband …

[Lost it]

[uhhh]

[Forgive me]

[Forgive me]

[Forgive me]

And Tony, yesterday, I went as we all must to Peppa Pig World. Who’s been to … hands up anybody who’s been to Peppa Pig World? Not enough. I was a bit hazy about what I would find at Peppa Pig World but I loved it. Peppa Pig World is very much my kind of place – it had very safe streets, discipline in schools, heavy emphasis on new mass-transit systems, I noticed. Even if they are a bit stereotypical about Daddy Pig."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/23/boris-johnsons-much-criticised-speech-to-the-cbi-in-full

When he asked how many in the room had been to " Peppa Pig Land " ( or what ever it's called ) - hardly anyone put their hand up.

Johnson seemed surprised - " Not enough " he said.

He was in Newcastle - Peppa Pig land is in the New Forest - at least 300 miles away.

Maybe he just didn't know he was ' up north ' ?

;-)

Does anyone think his Peppa Pig Meltdown might have just been a deliberate distraction so the media would be all over that rather than them quietly selling off the NHS while everyone is laughing at the clown or is it just coincidence and he's just a blithering idiot? If Cummings was still running the show I would suspect the former but I dont think he is clever enough to do it on his own.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-23 5:52 PM

Does anyone think his Peppa Pig Meltdown might have just been a deliberate distraction ............................

EVERYTHING he does is a distraction.

Before he appears in public he checks in the mirror to make sure he looks scruffy, as a distraction from what he is saying or doing.

Asks his staff to send him somewhere he can go where he can wear a hi-viz jacket and a hard hat - and he's ready for the day.

Seems to work for him.

;-)

Archived