The Northern Powerhouse

Bulletguy

The Bozo is obviously off on an election campaign with his latest waffle about "turbocharging" the North planing to pour £ billions into deprived areas with a high speed trans-Pennine rail link.

Manchester Mayor, Andy Burnham speaking on R4 Today programmed said, “Northern powerhouse rail is more than Manchester-Leeds. It is about connecting the whole north and it needs to be a new line rather than an upgrade, and I would certainly say that.

“It’s just over five years since George Osborne came to Manchester and promised something very similar to what we’re about to hear today. And in that time, in those five years, rail services here have gone into reverse. So we will be looking very, very closely to see this announcement is followed up by real action.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/27/critics-doubt-boris-johnson-can-deliver-new-rail-route-pledge

I think it's very cynical of ANY politician from ANY political party to check where the North is, and then travel up there to promise investments in infrastructure, every time it gets near time for a General Election.

Surely no-one in the north is going to swallow it AGAIN !

:-(

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-07-29 1:56 PM

I think it's very cynical of ANY politician from ANY political party to check where the North is, and then travel up there to promise investments in infrastructure, every time it gets near time for a General Election.

Seeing as May lost her majority I doubt you Ooop Norf swallowed it the first time ;-) ........

Perhaps you should give Boris a bit longer than 5 days in the job before you slag him off :-| ........

After all I suspect the residents of London are missing his positivism and can do attitude no end >:-) .......

P1010899.JPG.b790f96840249bf2ff53bbc6459b059b.JPG

Half of them will. The Brexiteers will swallow anything Boris says to them as its what they want to hear. They have had three years of facts and theories of doom and gloom from remoaners which has totally spoiled their "victory". Now booming bouncing Boris is back and it's June 2016 again! Hooray!!!

Sadly Boris is just full of sh1t and he will either bankrupt us paying for all the stuff he is promising as the economy tanks or more likely just betray all those that desperately put their faith in him (again).

Mind you I used to use that Trans Peninne express a lot years ago. It was pretty grim. Doesn't even have a proper bar!!! As for the word express! I think it was still pulled by George Stephensons Rocket. :(

Barryd999 - 2019-07-29 3:34 PM

Mind you I used to use that Trans Peninne express a lot years ago. It was pretty grim. Doesn't even have a proper bar!!! As for the word express! I think it was still pulled by George Stephensons Rocket. :(

Precisely !

I don't know anyone who lives up north, so I am guided by interviews I see on TV with people who do live there - and for years they have complained about the transport infrastructure ( especially when compared to what's been spent in the south east - and London in particular ).

I saw Johnsons speech, and I thought it was very good - but making good speeches won't make any difference to the transport problems up there.

The only difference between what Osborne said 5 years ago, and what Johnson said yesterday, was that Johnson said it with blond hair.

Dave seems to think that Johnson won't let them down ( again ) - let's hope he's right.

:-|

Guest pelmetman

Half of them will. The Brexiteers will swallow anything Boris says to them as its what they want to hear. They have had three years of facts and theories of doom and gloom from remoaners which has totally spoiled their "victory". Now booming bouncing Boris is back and it's June 2016 again! Hooray!!!

Sadly Boris is just full of sh1t and he will either bankrupt us paying for all the stuff he is promising as the economy tanks or more likely just betray all those that desperately put their faith in him (again).

Correction ;-) ........More them half of them will B-) ........

You forget it were you Northern folk that swung it for us Brexiteers >:-) .......

P1010899.JPG.feb022cffd14f4e201cc0b43de1e7ee7.JPG

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-07-29 3:52 PM

Precisely !

I don't know anyone who lives up north, so I am guided by interviews I see on TV with people who do live there - and for years they have complained about the transport infrastructure ( especially when compared to what's been spent in the south east - and London in particular ).

OMG!........ MalcD is a Southern Softy 8-) .............

I've spent umpteen years thinking you were a Northerner *-) .......

It'll take a while to process your faux Northeness :-| .......

P1010899.JPG.c92e430b3f863314c954c0b575f00c4d.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-29 4:12 PM

Welcome to the simple world of Dave Pelmet.

Anyone who doesn't live in the North - must live in the south !

( You couldn't make it up could you ;-) )

We already know that he thinks that anyone who doesn't support the right - is a loony lefty - or possibly even a communist.

He hasn't yet said that anyone who likes cats doesn't like dogs but I wouldn't be surprised if that is also his view.

p.s. ( Counselling is available, hopefully, for any forum members who live in Wales, Northern Ireland or the Midlands, who take Dave seriously and who are adversely affected by the fact that Dave does not acknowledge their existence ).

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-07-29 5:22 PM

We already know that he thinks that anyone who doesn't support the right - is a loony lefty - or possibly even a communist.

He hasn't yet said that anyone who likes cats doesn't like dogs but I wouldn't be surprised if that is also his view.

p.s. ( Counselling is available, hopefully, for any forum members who live in Wales, Northern Ireland or the Midlands, who take Dave seriously and who are adversely affected by the fact that Dave does not acknowledge their existence ).

;-)

I see you've reverted to fence sitting Malc :D .....

BTW I love both cats and dogs.......we even had a glass cabinet in our lounge that I called the Catacombs on account the cats ashes outnumbered the dogs ashes ;-) .........

P1010899.JPG.9c792b351e9fd75d9264d9444e283fd4.JPG

;-)

Pelmet does all the time. He's now claiming latest news on Vauxhall is a conspiracy by the French. He makes those pair of batsh1it fruitloops, Alex Jones and David Icke, seem positively sane. :-|

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-29 5:42 PM

;-)

Pelmet does all the time. He's now claiming latest news on Vauxhall is a conspiracy by the French. He makes those pair of batsh1it fruitloops, Alex Jones and David Icke, seem positively sane. :-|

Please clear the way for malc d to respond ;-) ......

Edit because I forgot the gap between the d........

Guest pelmetman

;-)

Does that include folk like me who are a quarter Welsh, a quarter Scottish and two parts English North and South of the river and born a Cockney? ;-) ........

P1010899.JPG.6c5d9f891b45670d3539fd129d99410a.JPG

Bulletguy - 2019-07-29 12:20 PM

The Bozo is obviously off on an election campaign with his latest waffle about "turbocharging" the North planing to pour £ billions into deprived areas with a high speed trans-Pennine rail link.

Typical Boris. All vanity projects like the Garden Bridge. Whilst ignoring the basic essentials.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-29 6:33 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-29 12:20 PM

Typical Boris. All vanity projects like the Garden Bridge. Whilst ignoring the basic essentials.

Do you mean basic essentials like a increase in the murder rate which your mate Khan has achieved *-) .........

P1010899.JPG.b827d2252dbad86b5d943ac0f7b7bb9c.JPG

Archived