Tour De france

michele

try here Michele:

http://www.letour.fr/us/homepage_courseTDF.html

Lance is playing his usual Machiavellian head games, one day soon he's going to destroy Contador,

Cav is paying the price for being inexperienced and too cocky

go Bradley :D

ray

and if you watch on Eurosport you get to see the inimitable Duffers, whose blow by blow commentary is much missed

duffers - 2009-07-12 5:09 PM

Cav is paying the price for being inexperienced and too cocky

go Bradley :D

No, Cav is just not a climber. Once it's back on the level he'll clock up at least one more stage win, possibly two.

And Janine, you just don't understand the finer points. Watching paint dry indeed - this is sport at its most exciting!

Cav isn't a climber, and he will learn how to handle - or rather survive these stages -

but main error was in letting Voeckler get away from him then letting Hushovd pick up points on interim stages.

If he can survive the mountains he may still make Green, and is a dead cert for many years to come.

He thought he had it made when he got the jersey, there are too many experienced sprinters out there for him to have any guarantees at the moment

most impressed with Bradley though - now that's determination -

as for Formula 1, that's just computer games - :D

One of my ambitions is to see a mountain stage in the tour. Got to persuade OH first though. Would live to watch on Alp d'huez or the pyrennes col du tormulat (spelling). Love to watch this every year. Does anyone visit the tour regularly?

Hopesy - 2009-07-13 8:22 PM

Does anyone visit the tour regularly?

I've ended up watching three stages for a short while, I lose interest at seeing a load of bikes comeing flashing past fairly soon, that was Brittany, Cote D'azur, and Ireland. I'd much rather watch it on TV.

colin - 2009-07-13 9:36 PM

I've ended up watching three stages for a short while, I lose interest at seeing a load of bikes comeing flashing past fairly soon, that was Brittany, Cote D'azur, and Ireland. I'd much rather watch it on TV.

Yes I suppose to watch on one of the really popular stages you have to get there a day or two before to get a parking place on the mountain. And i would need to get sat TV to watch it before and after the 30 secs it takes to go past. :-D

Not regularly, as you actually get a better idea of what's happening from ITV4's daily highlights. However we've watched it go by twice - once at Canterbury after it began in London (as part of a MCC rally), and then last year, on the final day as they were heading to Paris.

You see very little of the race (maybe it'd be better in the mountains, where they're slower and more spread out) but the festival atmosphere is amazing, and can't be captured on TV at all.

Last year we were invited to join a French family to watch it, then for "lunch" (ie the rest fo the afternoon!).

I'll try to downsize a couple of pics ...

756456296_TourVan.JPG.8b57654b3131097c200615bb87d0f8ff.JPG

TourFamily.JPG.2abb425085035c3eea4616010de0cfd6.JPG

One of my ambitions is to see a mountain stage in the tour. Got to persuade OH first though. Would live to watch on Alp d'huez or the pyrennes col du tormulat (spelling). Love to watch this every year. Does anyone visit the tour regularly?

Not us but a friend does actually last week before it started he met the coach here with his bike a special coach that takes riders to meet them with their bikes on board he said its fantastic he follows it on bike .

Tony wonderful good for you ,one day when I am free we will do it .

How nice lunch for the whole day just relaxing taking in the vino and sun

:D

Hopesy - 2009-07-17 6:42 PM

Don't think its going to be his last either, what a thought a brit winning in paris.

is he a brit, I know he rode for Team GB - but is he really a Brit >:-) >:-)

IoM is not in UK, EU, even tho it's probably the geographic centre of the British Isles

complicated all this geographic politics - innit

*-) *-) *-) *-) *-) *-) *-) *-) *-) *-)

Had BBC R4 "Today" on this morning while driving to the supermarket.

Their sports news comprised LOADS of talk about cricket, and interminable amounts of golfing analysis (Now that REALLY reminded me of Janine's need to monitor her drying paint!) and not a word about a Brit breaking records just over the water.

Doh!?

(PS Yes, of course IOM is British! Went there for our honeymoon, didn't need passports)

Waht about today's stage then?

Paint drying? More like rockets going off!

Nice one Alberto!

I respect what Lance Armstrong has achieved but never been keen on him as a character.

What do you all think?

(Not Janine of course, I also respect your right not to give a damn!)

Tony x

Archived