What's your taste in music?

J9withdogs

Careful Bruce - she'll set the dogs on you!

I heard this guy on the radio (the Prof, not Bruce - heard him live!) and one of his points was that a lot of our tastes are set in late adolescence, and we end up liking (all our lives) whatever was in vogue at that time.

Which is why all us "baby-boomers" get all nauseoustalgic about music from the 60s & 70s.

But it doesn't explain why ANYONE likes country music - ever! :D

He also said the same principle applies to things like food, fashion, and what shape of women we're attracted to!!!

I feel a "forum survey" coming on .....

Tony

I'm another mongrel..... just love MUSIC full stop.

Tony, it isn't the country music - it's the tall, lean men in cowboy hats that do it B-)

errrmmm talking of which, I have a spare hat if you would like to try out my theory ;-)

J9withdogs - 2008-09-07 3:09 PM

Rap, to me, sounds very aggressive. Perhaps the youth of today are more aggressive than we were at that age.

Maybe they just do it because their parents don't understand it.

( Probably don't even like it themselves).

:-| :-|

Youth through time have always been influenced by their peers.

Did you watch the programmes on BBC 4 (?) last night about the early days of Rock & Roll? I'm sure the parents of the kids throwing themselves at Little Richard & Elvis were just as bamboozled as we are today!

J9withdogs - 2008-09-07 3:47 PM

Did you watch the programmes on BBC 4 (?) last night about the early days of Rock & Roll? I'm sure the parents of the kids throwing themselves at Little Richard & Elvis were just as bamboozled as we are today!

Didn't see the programme, but at least the people you mention were SINGING !

Rappers don't even sing.

(...and a lot of them don't even know which part of a baseball cap is the front ! ----- but I won't get started on that or I'll sound even older than my 98 years )

;-) ;-)

J9withdogs - 2008-09-07 3:47 PM

I watched the prog last night on rock and roll. I think my husband was quite amused that I was bopping about (sitting in my chair though) and knew lines from most of the numbers - especially as we both like classical (but not all) opera (but not all) and me my favourite music is Soul. So what does that say about me? I go where the music takes me. Friday, it is taking me to see West Side Story in Woking

Went to see ' Buddy' at the Coventry Belgrade last night.

Great show :->

What an influence Buddy Holly had on the the music industry.

Apparently , Buddy Holly influenced the first 40( forty) songs that were written by the Beatles.

He Truly was a great talent. He died at 22 years of age in a tragic plane crash with the ' Big Bopper' and the 'Ritchie Valens'.

His music lives on after only 2 /3 years of fame, and nearly 50 years later.

Oh Boy ! What a talent .

996465538_rockandroll.gif.a03922b88a5f191ae49b557c903a692c.gif

Archived