who's been the nicest competition

handyman

lord T,

that reminds me......i was stuck in a q of traffic for a few hours in austria (crash 1 mile ahead) and i let 2 very nice italian ladys use my toilet.

by christ I'm nice person:-D ............and I didnt clean the toilet for a week

handyman - 2008-06-17 3:49 PM

lord T,

that reminds me......i was stuck in a q of traffic for a few hours in austria (crash 1 mile ahead) and i let 2 very nice italian ladys use my toilet.

by christ I'm nice person:-D ............and I didnt clean the toilet for a week

Mere courtesies that we offered of course....what else :D

ROON - 2008-06-17 5:16 PM

:D Have you realised that it is all men who are blowing their own trumpet??? :-)

You are so right, Joy!

It's like my son saying - 'I've done the washing up FOR YOU, Mom!'

What do these guys want. A medal??

In edit: Oops forgot the smiley (lol) through clenched teeth!

here was me thinking there would have been pages and pages of all the nice things that motorhomers have done.

So far one person has smashed someones face off a urinal (but not kicked him) :-S and another has dreamed of helping swedish girls :-S

(lol)

davenewell@home - 2008-06-17 6:14 PM

Glad to see you're learning to restrain yourself Syd (lol) .

D.

Yes I am now under control Dave

Dont know what it was that made him slip and bang his head though.

Do you think it could it have been my very thight grip on his fruit and nuts or the nose problem that he experienced from our heads accidently clashing that caused it.

Either way I feel really good about it

Michelle,

Ive been in Spain for about 10 weeks arrived home Sunday evening

Syd - 2008-06-17 7:14 PM

davenewell@home - 2008-06-17 6:14 PM

Glad to see you're learning to restrain yourself Syd (lol) .

D.

Yes I am now under control Dave

Dont know what it was that made him slip and bang his head though.

Do you think it could it have been my very thight grip on his fruit and nuts or the nose problem that he experienced from our heads accidently clashing that caused it.

Either way I feel really good about it

Michelle,

Ive been in Spain for about 10 weeks arrived home Sunday evening

I'm going to pretend you didn't say any of that Syd :D .

As for being nice, well as I'm just a nice guy anyway there's nothing new or special to brag about :D .

D.

Hi Dave

I am not bragging at all, I always said that one day I would bump into this lowlife and low and behold I did.

Anyone who steals money from a severly disabled young man who is unable to defend himself, especially if that person happens to be my son, deserves as many accidents as he can get.

This is his second one and who knows he may have more to come yet.

Bloody yobs only understand this sort of treatment and it is just a pity the law no longer deals with them firmly

When on holiday in Holland recently (BB = before bricks) we were on a campsite and at around 7.30 pm a young Dutch couple arrived and proceeded to put up their new tent - they were trying it out before they went on a week's holiday later in the summer - we made them a nice cup of coffee. :-D

A few nights later we were parked up for the night in a nice little spot and a German couple with a tent parked up at around 10.30 pm and started to put their tent up, we offered to make them a nice hot drink (it was quite cold out) to warm them up, they said they'd come over when they'd put the tent up ... we sat up for half an hour ... they went to bed! 8-)

Last month I sat at the roadside for an hour and half with an elderly couple from Scotland whose caravan had detached itself from their car and driven itself through a brick wall.

I also got them a list of B & B's for them to stay that night, helped rescue their cat out of the caravan and made them a cup of tea.

J9withdogs - 2008-06-17 9:43 PM

Last month I sat at the roadside for an hour and half with an elderly couple from Scotland whose caravan had detached itself from their car and driven itself through a brick wall.

I also got them a list of B & B's for them to stay that night, helped rescue their cat out of the caravan and made them a cup of tea.

Janine this one is going to the top of my list (well done that girl) :-) Carol.

Right girls, just to redress the balance...

A solo female caravanner was struggling reversing with her van. So yes, our hero, (me, of course), went over and put the world to rights for her by pitching it for her.

I also advised her to buy a motorhome 8-)

We met 3 Australians in The Dordogne who had flown over with their cycles and their miniscule amount of clothing and camping kit. How happy were they to be granted unlimited access to our beer/ wine/fridge/shower?

They were a lovely trio and it was a pleasure to help them.

On the flip side, a Dutch guy next to us a couple of years ago. What a gem he was. One day the heavens opened whilst we were shoving a shrimp on the BBQ, over he came with this huge brolly to save me moving into our storage tent.

Same guy helped me a fix a drip from a waste pipe with some gaffer tape he had to hand. He'd more tools than Halfords.

We were in town on one occasion when the heavens opened, when we returned to the van, our elderly French neighbours had kindly put our chairs and laundry away for us in their awning.

It's nice to be nice.

Martyn

Martyn, we find it happens more often than not for campers to help each other out, you only have to see some chap looking under his bonnet and with in minutes there are usually 3 or 4 more heads giving help and encouragement wanted or not.

And I think its more normal than not if some one near has left things out and it rains someone will put them in the dry.

And more than once we have had our washing taken in and folded if it has come to rain when we were out.

Last year in Valencia a New Zealand couple had there wallet taken and a attempted break in during the same week end (America's Cup) that week end the campers all around got the tables all together got the BQ out and for the week end everyone ate together Swiss/Dutch/German/and UK. the lovely New Zealand couple said it made something awful, good again. and we all sat in the evening together chatting.

There are a lot of good folk out there. Carol.

Hello Carol, yes I agree with you, there are a whole lot of good folk out there.

Sadly, the nasty side of life seems to hog more of the headlines and it's very easy to get distracted by the negativity surrounding us.

I'm fairly confident that most of us on here could post a similiar post to mine descibing their own and others good deeds. I know I could add to mine if I thought hard enough.

Mr Dogooder..

Archived