who's been the nicest competition

handyman

Oh god surely not another Sw thats a do gooder :D :D :D LOl only joking as long as your hearts in the right place a Martyn and yours obviously is ..

Ok I cracked under pressure I devote my life to other peoples children hows that ;-) I think thats a selfishless thing anyway thats as good a sit gets but i will always help others ..

Oh just remembered one morning having brekkie at Le touquet up on the Aire Motorway we saw three bikers outside freezing their goolies off so we let them in and made them tea let them warm up . ;-)

Way, way back in the mists of the mid nineties while camping in Wales we had a torrential rain storm that lasted about 8 hours one night. In the morning there were several families in large tents that were mainly under water. Peopel from camper vans, caravans and statics all helped to move the tenters to dry ground, transfer their wet clothes and gear to the launderette and help to wash and dry them. It was a mini disaster for those tenters but with the help of the other site occupants they were all able to continue their holiday with only the loss of one day to sort it all out. The site was probably the friendliest place we've ever stopped for the rest of the week as almost every body knew everyone else by first name.

Today I replaced the damaged cable on a cruise control I fitted 2.5 years ago FOC, how nice am I? :D :D

D.

P.S. I'll give you a hug Joy :-D :-D

Michele, no need for any smileys, message received and a big thanks for the heart in right place comment. I know you weren't referring to the camping niceties.

Thankgoodness there are folk like you out there that in turn make my work so much easier. If there were more like you I would be redundant. As myself and my colleagues often say, let's hope to be out of a job, i.e no Children in care = no job.

Some of you on here may know that I work with extremely vulnerable children.

No thanks sought or required.

The occasional offers of free pints etc (all refused) and the never ending, "I couldn't do your job for all the tea in China" are quite enough for me. Not to mention the hug off a child or a "I've never felt so safe living here comment"

Priceless.

The Martyn & Michele Mutual Appreciation Society :D :D

Guest peter
ROON - 2008-06-17 5:16 PM

:D Have you realised that it is all men who are blowing their own trumpet??? :-)

If only! :$ :D

Syd - 2008-06-17 7:14 PM

davenewell@home - 2008-06-17 6:14 PM

Glad to see you're learning to restrain yourself Syd (lol) .

D.

Yes I am now under control Dave

Dont know what it was that made him slip and bang his head though.

Do you think it could it have been my very thight grip on his fruit and nuts or the nose problem that he experienced from our heads accidently clashing that caused it.

Either way I feel really good about it

Michelle,

Ive been in Spain for about 10 weeks arrived home Sunday evening

Syd -

In Spain for 10 weeks and no Bailey's delivery to Bruce & Sparkle on the Costa Blanca!!!

Ye Gods man, where were you hiding??? >:-(

I am delighted to hear about the accident.......any joy with your complaining a while ago about the CPS decison not to charge him with the theft because they flet it wasn't "in the public interest"?

Welcome back to the secure wing of the MMM Home for the Dazed and Confused..........

Hi Bruce

Yes 10 weeks without meeting you,

We seriousl did mean to meet up with you but with our purchase out there needing being changed to our home instead of somewhere to just sleep I was kept quiet busy.

At the last minute we had pencilled in your gig just up from Benidorm at Lee,s bar but again got waylaid by visitors.

We came home because it was getting too hot for Lee plus we have got to get ready for his America experience too, we shall be back out there in September and this time there will be no work for me to do, just takeing a holiday so we WILL be visiting you with our bottles of Baileys then, that I promise.

Time passes so quickly out there, Manyana

Archived