Angles Morts Signs

Deffheads

Now we, who have heavy motorhomes have to have the 'Angles Mort' signs to travel through France, can somebody come up with a solution, other than self adhesive stickers to put signage on van, so when passaged through France they can be removed. Magnetic is not an option as plastic and aluminium.

These signs were discussed in some depth here last month

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Blind-spot-signage-for-heavy-duty-vans/57306/

I can see how a rear sign could be made removable, but not front signs on (say) an A-class motorhome that has cab doors made of non-magnetic material.

(That assumes that the cheap commercially available signs are involved. I note that 'easily removable' adhesive signs are advertised on-line, but I've no idea what a couple of signs to match the French requirements would cost.)

The internet is full of offers for stickers but with extremely variable prices.

An alternative could be to pay a € 135 fine. Smile.

However, I suggest postponing the purchase until the last moment, somewhere I read that there have been appeals as it seems that this legislation is contrary to European laws.

Deffheads, I had been pondering this for a week or so since the incredibly ugly signs arrived.

My best brain wave, if you can call it that, is to insert the sign into an A4 polypocket and stick it to the van with a surround of masking tape along the 4 edges.

Open to other sensible suggestions.

Davy

mtravel - 2021-02-16 1:11 PM

I suggest postponing the purchase until the last moment, somewhere I read that there have been appeals as it seems that this legislation is contrary to European laws.

As it would apply to all vehicles over 3.5 entering France from all Countries I should imagine it is raising quite a stir and seeing as How any of us arn't likely to be needing them this year lets hold off buying them for now

But if its really a must have for you print out your own from the pic Derek posted earlier an stick in on with double sided tape tear it off and bin it when your thru France

Archived