Australia

Violet1956

colin - 2019-12-21 3:24 PM

We have hired in Oz, although it was quite some time ago, and will again as soon as I'm fit and able. What did you need to know?

Hi Colin I was looking for recommendations. If you have had a good experience with any particular provider it would be good to hear about it.

Hi Veronica, There are many options to rent a motorhome here in AU as you would expect. While not having any direct experience of renting we do talk to a lot of overseas visitors who do. I have not heard any disaster stories from anyone. 

The two brands that we see very often on our travels are letsgo and Maui. Letsgo is owned by Jayco the biggest caravan/motorhome manuf (65% market share) and Maui make their motorhomes in NZ . They are not pretty but very practical. Likewise with Apollo motorhomes who have the Winnebago franchise here . Their MH's are made in Brisbane. 

Lastly if you are landing & departing in Sydney the family company that services both our Autotrail end and Fiat front end (Fiat Professional authorised service w/shop) & all round nice people have two motorhomes to rent. Downside they are a £50 odd taxi from the airport and you must return to pickup location. Most others will let you drop off at another location to the collection point. See rvgo.com.au for their details.

When looking at travelling to a new location we always use "wikicamps" to check our options on available overnight locations. The app is very up to date and is definitely worth the small purchase price.

One other comment is that a standard licence here allows you to drive up to 4500kg vehicles so bear this in mind when looking at your options.

If you need any further help I am only a PM away.

Cheers, 

www.letsgomotorhomes.com.au

www.rvgo.com.au

www.apollocamper.com

www.maui-rentals.com

Geeco - 2019-12-21 10:48 PM

Hi Veronica, There are many options to rent a motorhome here in AU as you would expect. While not having any direct experience of renting we do talk to a lot of overseas visitors who do. I have not heard any disaster stories from anyone. 

The two brands that we see very often on our travels are letsgo and Maui. Letsgo is owned by Jayco the biggest caravan/motorhome manuf (65% market share) and Maui make their motorhomes in NZ . They are not pretty but very practical. Likewise with Apollo motorhomes who have the Winnebago franchise here . Their MH's are made in Brisbane. 

Lastly if you are landing & departing in Sydney the family company that services both our Autotrail end and Fiat front end (Fiat Professional authorised service w/shop) & all round nice people have two motorhomes to rent. Downside they are a £50 odd taxi from the airport and you must return to pickup location. Most others will let you drop off at another location to the collection point. See rvgo.com.au for their details.

When looking at travelling to a new location we always use "wikicamps" to check our options on available overnight locations. The app is very up to date and is definitely worth the small purchase price.

One other comment is that a standard licence here allows you to drive up to 4500kg vehicles so bear this in mind when looking at your options.

If you need any further help I am only a PM away.

Cheers, 

www.letsgomotorhomes.com.au

www.rvgo.com.au

www.apollocamper.com

www.maui-rentals.com

I am so grateful for your advice Geeco.We are looking forward to coming to your wonderful country. My daughter is having the time of her life in Sydney and just to share a few weeks with her promises to be a very special time indeed. We keep seeing on the news that there are terrible bush fires causing mayhem in NSW. If only we Brits could share our current downfalls with our friends down under. Something has to change. There appears to be a major climate emergency and yet the deniers hold sway.

On a more positive note I wish you and yours a very happy Christmas.

Veronica

Archived