Cite Europe parking

Steve H

Regarding a letter from Anita Brandon and Stephen Burgess regarding parking at Cite Europe published in the latest edition of MMM magazine I can offer a correction.

Overnight parking of motorhomes is no longer permitted. Parking is now only permitted between 08:00 and 22:00. This is not open to interpretation. The signage is quite clear and prominent.

A basic snag with the letters in MMM magazine is that (unless the author provides the information) there is often nothing to indicate when whatever is being written about occurred. Nor is there any indication of when the letter was received by MMM.

Suppression of overnight parking at Cité Europe was widely discussed on motorhome forums in late-2019 and in this thread here

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Overnight-Parking-at-Cite-Europe/53935/

The latest MMM letter (May 2020 issue, Page 11) mentions staying on a Cité Europe ‘no height barriers’ car-park in January and that “Motorhomes are welcome to stay there at night”. I would have thought that the ban on overnight parking would have been in force in January, but perhaps the signage was not in place when Anita Brandon and Stephen Burgess were there.

Anyway, as Steve warns, there’s no doubt that motorhome overnight parking at Cité Europe has been prohibited.

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/markerMobile.php?id=5263

The post is correct since Last September a notice was posted. No overnight parking, You have to vacate the Car park by 22:00 hrs.

if you do not. Either the Citie Europe security or local police will arrive and move you on..

I can confirm this is correct as I was in Citie europe earlier this year. Also my mate was moved on in March when he came back up from Spain . I also understand all Aires in France are closed along with wild camping.

Archived