Cordoba Spain, recommended sites for 6 days in early May

flyboyprowler

A general search has not turned up any decent campsites for visiting Cordoba. Has anyone got a recommendation with easy access for a large motorhome, as we would like to stay for 5 or 6 nights in early May. "El Brilliante" is rated as tired and overpriced with no ACSI discount.

Villafranca de Cordoba, about 8 miles outside Cordoba . A 10 minute walk from the site to a lovely village where there is a regular and fast bus route to Cordoba. We stayed there about 5 years ago and it was perfect for Cordoba. Its in the ACSI book, 20 E per night.

Bob

Hi,

We stayed at the acsi listed site in Villafranca de Cordoba in May 2014.

If you time it right the Cordoba Patio festival is a must see event 

Also we were in Villafranca for their Romeria de San Isidro an amazing event where the whole town seems to take part in a procession preceded by an evening where they fry thousands of eggs for everyone to have.

Steve

Thank you all for the replies. It seems the Villafranca site doesn't get very good recent revues. Complaints of poor showers, and bad cleaning, and a less than regular bus route to Cordoba. If anyone has been there recently, I would love to hear their thoughts. The aire sounds like access is difficult, but not impossible, and the council site, where we have stayed before, cannot be booked. We need to book as there are 3 motorhomes and we all need to stay in the same place! So still looking at that moment!

Ainsley

flyboyprowler - 2019-03-14 2:49 PM

A general search has not turned up any decent campsites for visiting Cordoba. Has anyone got a recommendation with easy access for a large motorhome, as we would like to stay for 5 or 6 nights in early May. "El Brilliante" is rated as tired and overpriced with no ACSI discount.

We stayed at El Brilliante some years ago, and it was a bit knackered looking then! However, it was clean and everything worked, and it is an excellent base for Cordoba. There is a huge Carrefour nearby, and it is within walking distance of the centre. It has become more pricey since, but a couple of days would enable you to see the main items of interest (historic Jewish quarter, Mesquita, and Alcazar), so even if a bit dog-eared, it avoids the time and cost of supplemental travel, and shouldn't break the bank for three nights. Two reviews I have seen from 2018 flatly contradict each other, and I think the most critical was mainly influenced by the cost of a November visit! You can always go elsewhere if it is really bad when you arrive, so possibly get there as soon after mid-day as possible, have a sniff around, and have a plan B as back-up if you don't fancy it.

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-16 1:46 PM

flyboyprowler - 2019-03-14 2:49 PM

We stayed at El Brilliante some years ago, and it was a bit knackered looking then! However, it was clean and everything worked, and it is an excellent base for Cordoba. There is a huge Carrefour nearby, and it is within walking distance of the centre. It has become more pricey since, but a couple of days would enable you to see the main items of interest (historic Jewish quarter, Mesquita, and Alcazar), so even if a bit dog-eared, it avoids the time and cost of supplemental travel, and shouldn't break the bank for three nights. Two reviews I have seen from 2018 flatly contradict each other, and I think the most critical was mainly influenced by the cost of a November visit! You can always go elsewhere if it is really bad when you arrive, so possibly get there as soon after mid-day as possible, have a sniff around, and have a plan B as back-up if you don't fancy it.

Indeed Brian, we were there about 3 years ago, and it was a bit tight for our 7.3 meter van so the Beast at 8.3 might be more of a challenge. It reached 40+ degrees in May when we were last there, but we want to do the patio flowers, and the Mosque etc which we missed last time. My thinking, the same As you, just suck it and see! However, at their non discount and non bookable prices, it is a shame that they haven't spent some money on updating the site.

Archived