Damaged panel

Peter Boyle

The attached photo is said to relate to a 2014 Apache 700 (which I think is the year/model of Auto-Trail motorhome you own).

How straightforward it might be to repair the ‘bumper panel' will depend on how serious the damage is and whether the material the bumper is made from is GRP or ABS. GRP is generally simpler to repair than ABS, but GRP tends not to split on impact whereas ABS does.

It looks like the rear bumper is not one-piece. If that’s the case and just the ‘corner moulding’ that’ extends below the rear-light cluster could be removed, this might simplify repair. But hopefully a repair can be done with the damaged section remaining in situ.

If you say where you live, forum members may well be able to recommend (based on practical experience) a bodywork-repair company that’s near to you and that has carried out this type of work to their complete satisfaction. It’s a task that needs to be done properly as a bodge-up would harm the motorhome’s value.

2019383947_2014Apache700.jpg.8ef2cadae90145cb10ba7e111729f820.jpg

crocs - 2019-04-23 11:14 AM

That photograph is from a 2017 or later model but the panel in question is exactly the same.

I pinched the photo from an on-line C&MC advert where the motorhome was described as an Auto-Trail Apache 700 2014. However I now see that - further down the advert - the vehicle is said to have a 2019 registration-date and be new with zero mileage...

I’m pretty sure that the attached photo below is genuinely of a 2014 model’s rear.

414720477_Apache700.jpg.9914c4f10debff2afa04db26f4ac7c32.jpg

Derek Uzzell - 2019-04-23 1:53 PM

crocs - 2019-04-23 11:14 AM

That photograph is from a 2017 or later model but the panel in question is exactly the same.

I pinched the photo from an on-line C&MC advert where the motorhome was described as an Auto-Trail Apache 700 2014. However I now see that - further down the advert - the vehicle is said to have a 2019 registration-date and be new with zero mileage...

I’m pretty sure that the attached photo below is genuinely of a 2014 model’s rear.

Yes, that looks like the right one, Derek. All they did with their update was put some angles in the spare wheel cover and invert the curve of the rear light cluster. So I was surprised that the OP thinks that the panel on his might be smaller, but it could be.

The rear of my 2015 Tracker FB has 3 panels at the bottom rear, two corner panels and a centre panel.I suspect similar to yours. The later models are different corner panels, note the reflector in the later model corner panels. I have had the two corner panels replaced (long story for another time) and they are relatively easy to replace. Colour matching is an interesting topic as after a few years it seems the various plastic components seem to subtly change colour so it can be a chore to decide on what part to match. cheers,  

Archived