Diesel Demonisation

Tracker

Many people bought, or will buy, a Euro 6 diesel powered van thinking they are safe from persecution but that might not be quite so true after all.

Instead of being transparent and numbering Euro 6, 7, 8, 9, etc they have craftily called each tightened pollution regulation Euro 6 a, b, c, and currently 6d so it pays to check when buying which one the vehicle is.

Only the latest Euro 6d meets the current emisions standards which might not matter too much now but in the future it might affect geographical limitations of use and ved and in turn the used values.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware as the seller is likely to be economical with the truth.

Thanks Derek, so nothing much has changed except the hardening of government attitudes and the introduction of Euro 6d as a tightening of what was the limit at that time at Euro 6c.

So what next I wonder, Euro 6e, f, g, h, i, j, k, etc etc or will they be less devious and start calling them Euro7,8,9,10,11 etc etc?

Glad I'm not in the market for a 'modern' van with all the trimmings and techno gubbins!

Any diesel-fuelled motorhome that was first-UK-registered from 1 January 2011-onwards will be eligible for a yellow “2” French Crit’Air sticker. A “2” is the lowest number (ie. the ‘best’) that can be awarded to a diesel-fuelled vehicle.

It’s the date of first-UK-registration that’s the critical criterion - if that date is 1 January 2011-onwards a “2” sticker will be appropriate and (as far as the Crit’Air scheme is concerned) it won’t matter which Euro emissions-standard the vehicle’s motor complies with.

In principle, a diesel-fuelled motorhome that was built in (say) 1980 and stored in a museum for 31 years until UK-registered on 1 January 2011 would be eligible for a “2” sticker.

jjsbc - 2018-06-21 8:27 AM

I think we should ban all the dirty diesels the trucks trains cars go back to horse drawn,ox drawn wagons, hang on though but what about all the methane and global warming??????????

Fiat are claiming a world first for their exceptionally quiet and environmentally friendly non diesel new generation of Ducatos.

They will be horse drawn and run only on hay, with a free shovel and dung bag with every van, and you get to choose your own one horsepower propulsion unit.

Meanwhile steps are being planned to fine every cow that farts in order to raise money and capitalise on methane production under the guise of pollution limitation.

Archived