Eurotruck - The end is near.

euroserv

Hello my friends.

It with great sadness that i have to announce that Eurotruck, the business that i have operated for 21 years will be closing for good at the end of November.

Due to no fault of our own, more like a conspiracy really; we lost a major part of our business in June and despite attempts to downsize our building and look to other possibilities, the conclusion was arrived at that we should close the doors ourselves, with suppliers paid and vehicles sold in a manner befitting the honorable way that we have always conducted ourselves.

I don't know yet what i will be doing in the future; it may be in this industry or it may not but i will still be hanging around here and helping with tech support in the magazine. For now at least though, I won't be able to look after any more motorhomes.

I would like to thank the dozens of forum users that have brought their vehicles to Leicester over the years for service or repairs and wish them all happy travels; i will miss them for sure, but unless i have an opportunity to help them through some other as yet unexplored channels; this will be farewell.

I will be sure to announce any developments here. I had hoped that one of the larger dealer groups would have been interested in carrying on where we are leaving off but even the chance to gain a lot of business for next to nothing has failed to get them excited. It is as baffling as it is disappointing.

Anyway. No point crying about it. I will be fine, John will be delivering for a florist and maybe, just maybe i can think about having more than 2 nights away on holiday from now on without fear or guilt. I am not yet 50 and the world is apparently my oyster. I think i needed a push to make a change after 21 years! Euroserv will still be here for you.

Nick

Sad news indeed Nick and I wish you well in your endeavours both business and personal.

Your style is a credit to a very tarnished and self obsessed motor industry, and although only once having been your customer some years back, but having benefitted in several ways from your advice before and since, I must say that I was as impressed then by your honesty and integrity as I am now.

Good luck, good friend, take care.

Thats really bad news Nick.

I've never had to visit your premises so my 'contact' has been online only, and I respect and appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share it.

People like you on a forum like this are A*.

So thank you for your wisdom over the years and I hope your 'oyster' turns out to be a rewarding one.

All the best

Arthur

PS I'm considering moving to the dark side. Fancy a PVC on a Renault Master base .... :-S :-S :-S

arthur49 - 2018-10-11 1:55 PM

Thats really bad news Nick.

I've never had to visit your premises so my 'contact' has been online only, and I respect and appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share it.

People like you on a forum like this are A*.

So thank you for your wisdom over the years and I hope your 'oyster' turns out to be a rewarding one.

All the best

Arthur

PS I'm considering moving to the dark side. Fancy a PVC on a Renault Master base .... :-S :-S :-S

Thanks for the kind words Arthur,

The Renault Master is not a bad vehicle at all as long as there are no issues with the high pressure fuel pump (very common) and that as soon as you get it, remove the battery clamps and lubricate liberally. They have a terrible habit of rusting in and being impossible to get out without a ramp and an angle grinder when you least need it! The brakes are nowhere near as good as a Ducato but in most other ways they are OK.

I will still be here!!!

N

Tracker - 2018-10-11 1:28 PM

Sad news indeed Nick and I wish you well in your endeavours both business and personal.

Your style is a credit to a very tarnished and self obsessed motor industry, and although only once having been your customer some years back, but having benefitted in several ways from your advice before and since, I must say that I was as impressed then by your honesty and integrity as I am now.

Thanks Rich,

If i was going to do a list, you would certainly have been on it. I decided not to for fear of forgetting someone!

Thanks for being a customer and for your support on here when it has been required. You are a gent.

N

Guest pelmetman
euroserv - 2018-10-11 1:18 PM

I am not yet 50 and the world is apparently my oyster. I think i needed a push to make a change after 21 years! Euroserv will still be here for you.

Nick

A year from now you'll be wondering why you never did it sooner ;-) ..........

Good luck and enjoy B-) ........

euroserv - 2018-10-11 2:16 PM

Tracker - 2018-10-11 1:28 PM

Thanks Rich,

If i was going to do a list, you would certainly have been on it. I decided not to for fear of forgetting someone!

Thanks for being a customer and for your support on here when it has been required. You are a gent.

N

Thanks Nick, although being on your 'hit list' is a bit worrying!!

euroserv - 2018-10-11 2:13 PM

Thanks for the kind words Arthur,

The Renault Master is not a bad vehicle at all as long as there are no issues with the high pressure fuel pump (very common) and that as soon as you get it, remove the battery clamps and lubricate liberally. They have a terrible habit of rusting in and being impossible to get out without a ramp and an angle grinder when you least need it! The brakes are nowhere near as good as a Ducato but in most other ways they are OK.

I will still be here!!!

N

Good man ..... :-D :-D

Nick - we never met but you helped me with valuable information when I had a wheel bearing going in France 3 or 4 years ago. 
I can honestly say that I always read your posts because they are informed and helpful - unlike many on here! Tee Hee!
Thanks & enjoy whatever you do in the future. 
Jeremy

I can only echo all the comments given previously Nick. Having someone as knowledgeable as you giving their experiences freely on forums such as this is a rare thing and one that every one of us benefits from every time you tap the keyboard. I am a great believer in fate and believe there will be some reason behind the events unfolding for you now. I just hope that whatever that purpose is it comes along sooner rather than later.

Best wishes for your future,

David

Archived