FIAT/Iveco in diesel scandal (2014-19 models)

spirou

Fiat diesels have been some of the worse polluters in the real world, they are facing several investigations.

So far just about every vehicle manufacturer has been found to 'cheat' when it come to emissions, this year Toyota have had to pay $180m in fines.

First raised in the German press in July last year when Fiat and Iveco offices were raided:

https://www.n-tv.de/wirtschaft/Diesel-Betrugsverdacht-gegen-Fiat-und-Iveco-article21926254.html

German motorhome owners are getting their knickers in a serious twist about it as they fear being prevented from using their vehicles in their much more regulated society. Fiat say there is no fix. I've been following this thread (the current scandal starts about halfway down the first page):

https://www.wohnmobilforum.de/w-t107585.html

On my own Euro6B 150 the 22 minute cheat cut-off is quite evident. Initially it stutters frequently on a steady throttle as it seems that the amount of EGR overwhelms the engine, but after 22 minutes with LPEGR inactive it's a different beast, running in Euro0 mode!

Steve928 - 2021-03-08 8:18 AM

German motorhome owners are getting their knickers in a serious twist about it as they fear being prevented from using their vehicles in their much more regulated society.

Were / are VW owners who had the defeat software fitted prevented from using the vehicle in Germany? Has an official recall been issued Euro wide on the affected vehicles?

rayc - 2021-03-08 9:26 AM

Were / are VW owners who had the defeat software fitted prevented from using the vehicle in Germany? Has an official recall been issued Euro wide on the affected vehicles?

It was compulsory to have VW's software fix to continue to use (pass annual TuV inspection) an affected VAG vehicle in Germany.

I don't know, but my SEAT was recalled here in the UK (but it wasn't compulsory to have it done).

Archived