Motorhome parking in Ireland

TeamRienza

If you have intentions of visiting Ireland in the future, then you might find this app of use.

motorhomeparkingireland.com

It has been around for a few years now. It was developed through motorhomecraic the all of Ireland forum and I often refer to it and the forum when asked about visiting.

It is currently being updated and for a limited period of time you can access the full version for free to see the breadth of places posted and reviewed by members and users. Normally costs about £5 for a full year and one of the upgrades coming is a tourist rate for those just visiting.

Access to the free trial of the upgrade (no payment details required) is now available on Android and shortly on iOS. I am not sure how long free access will be available before it reverts to a pay version, but worth a look at.

Davy

One thing to be aware of is that this App is a subscription rather than a one-off purchase, so it will renew each year unless cancelled.

I wasn't aware of this so, having bought it for a one-of trip to Ireland, was surprised to find a charge on my account the following year.

The developer was very good though and happily refunded my unwanted subscription.

The new version has options for a 1 month, 3 month and 1 year non recurring subscription. Existing subscribers continue with auto renew, which at £4.99 per year is not a deal breaker.

The app is the work of motorhomers, and they have obviously noted the demand for short term holiday use.

Anyone who has an auto renew can cancel easily enough, provided it is done before the next renewal. I normally pointed this out in any advise posts I made.

As an aside, I have no connection with the development of the app,

Davy

Steve928 - 2021-01-26 8:59 AM

One thing to be aware of is that this App is a subscription rather than a one-off purchase, so it will renew each year unless cancelled.

I wasn't aware of this so, having bought it for a one-of trip to Ireland, was surprised to find a charge on my account the following year.

The developer was very good though and happily refunded my unwanted subscription.

As Davy has kindly already pointed out. We now have tourist options on the app, so you can buy one month, three months or 12 months without a recurring subscription. We were aware for a while that a recurring subscription wasn't liked by tourists and now we have changed it. glad you got refunded ok. Hope you enjoyed the App.

Motorhome Parking Ireland

https://www.motorhomeparkingireland.com

https://ibb.co/HDSZsXb We did a trip to Ireland North and south a few years ago, we went with the Motor caravanners club to their annual rally , lovely Country we found lots of wild camping which we like to do, we also joined Irish Craic for the 3 months we were there and used the pubs and places to overnight they showed.we had a very good wander round all over , the people were friendly and helpful, however we found Ireland to be very oppressive , a feeling we have never had anywhere else and would not go back there , the streets painted red white and blue, orange and green and the wall murals did it for us, terrible feeling.

Hi all

For clarification to those who have recently been accessing our website, the IRISH MOTORHOME CLUB gives advice and guidance free of charge to those seeking information about touring in Ireland. We are not advertising, or selling apps. Our advice is free to help promote the leisure pursuit we all share and love. Hopefully we all stay safe during this pandemic and that we all get the opportunity to get out and about later in the year .

https://www.irishmotorhomeclub.net/

Evening all. May I address vindiboys thread regarding feeling oppressed on his visit to the emerald isle. The reason for this was the murals and footpaths being painted in tricolour and union jack colours. This has been the situation in the six counties of northern Ireland for many a year and accepted as a territorial symbolism .

This occurs only in ulster and I can assure you that he would find Leinster,Munster and Connaught very welcoming. Loads of wild camping and no sign of oppression and a welcome on the mat.

When we are free of this accursed covid I hope you might take the opportunity to give us a second look and all we have to offer. Regards.

Douzeper - 2021-01-30 11:56 AM

Motorhome parking Ireland provide loads of maps for free for those who don't want the very handy app with thousands of reviews.

https://motorhomeparkingireland.com/wp/maps/

Further to the above: https://www.motorhomecraic.com/ offers free advice and has over 40 million visitors. All information is free and you don't have to register to read the forums with over 183,000 posts.

Stay safe everyone, spring is around the corner :-D

Davy, many thanks for your post ABOUT OUR APP :-D

BIFFO - 2021-01-30 6:18 PM

Evening all. May I address vindiboys thread regarding feeling oppressed on his visit to the emerald isle. The reason for this was the murals and footpaths being painted in tricolour and union jack colours. This has been the situation in the six counties of northern Ireland for many a year and accepted as a territorial symbolism .

This occurs only in ulster and I can assure you that he would find Leinster,Munster and Connaught very welcoming. Loads of wild camping and no sign of oppression and a welcome on the mat.

When we are free of this accursed covid I hope you might take the opportunity to give us a second look and all we have to offer. Regards.

Whilst that is partially true. It is not the situation in the six counties, it.may be the situation in some hard line area's in Belfast or Londonderry/Derry. Motorhome tourist area's with the exception of Carrickfergus have no symbolism.

You'd be pretty hard pushed to find wall murals outside of Belfast and then usually in housing estates. They run tours of the ones in Belfast as it is a part of the history of the troubles.

No motorhome owner has anything to fear visiting Ulster and indeed thousands do every year. MHCC hold successful rallies in Ulster every year which are attended by Motorhome owners from 32 counties.

@douzeper.

You are welcome. Over the years I have had lots of information on technical issues, locations to visit, places to eat, etc from motorhomecraic and made some use of the parking app. I visit many GB forums on a daily basis and when any one asks for information or advice on visiting Ireland I usually answer to the best of my ability but tend to recommend motorhomecraic to people, particularly if they have a draft idea of where they wish to visit on our island, the app is a useful addition and now that it has 1 month, and 3 month tourist subscriptions, why would you not use it. Hence my original post. I have no connection with the forum/app other than as a user.

Davy

Archived