Pick up wife & dog at Paris Airport in a mh?

JeffersonCampervan

Anyone ever picked up someone at CDG in a a larger motorhome? ( ours is a 7m Hymer B654). I'm thinking of rerouting my wife and königspudel through Paris in December. I've picked up there in the distant past, but the surface Eco lots now have dual barriers that disallow our 7m length. Anyone have recent experience? Or suggestions? Thanks! Frank in Toronto

Derek Uzzell - 2021-09-25 3:42 AMThere’s this - but it’s 2015 vintage...https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/charles-de-gaulle-airport-motorhome-parking-1068644/

Thanks Derek - I did consider an off-airport lot and shuttling in, but after reading reviews on about a dozen of them, I abandoned that idea. I did drive through the airport on Google. The surface 'depose minute' pickup areas that I've used before now have height barriers and a double barrier entry that limits the length of a vehicle. My conclusion is that it is not possible, so she will fly into either Frankfurt or Lisbon instead.

Like you, I tend to prefer to air freight the wife ahead of me and pick her up as I pass an airport near to the destination....

But I couldn't even manage this at Glasgow a couple of years ago, and I think Manchester is the same now, they don't let you stop to pick up or drop off, they try to funnel into a paying short stay car park but have height barriers.....

I have managed it at Inverness several times but on my last visit got the impression they were trying to make it harder.

Good luck with CDG but I think the taxi ride to a local retail park or similar will be the best option....

Stay overnight in Jablines Camp site and drive into Marne de Vallee Chessy (train station),

Motorhome parking not a problem and meet them off the train from Charles de Gaulle.

Connections run very frequently from the airport to the Disneyland connection

So simple we have used it many times without issue

Thanks, but we have a 70 lb poodle and a XL sized crate with us. I need to be able to pick them up.

CDG is out as an option.

I have purchased tix for Frankfurt and for Lisbon, to cover our bases (I'm driving from Amsterdam and our destination is Portugal. Normally we would fly into Amsterdam, but KLM is now running 787s on the Toronto route and they won't take a dog in hold on that plane. )

onecal - 2021-09-26 5:13 PMStay overnight in Jablines Camp site and drive into Marne de Vallee Chessy (train station), Motorhome parking not a problem and meet them off the train from Charles de Gaulle.Connections run very frequently from the airport to the Disneyland connection So simple we have used it many times without issue

Thanks Bren.

Yes we lost Thor over 10 years ago ...

CDG has 3 surface lot areas where you can stop for 10 minutes free in order to pick up and drop off. They now have barriers preventing  motorhome access - looks like the barriers were introduced in 2018 or so. I have picked up in a motorhome at CDG before the height and length barriers were introduced.

For reference here's my experience at other Airports:

At Schiphol I can drive the Hymer to departures and briefly stop to pick up or drop off. Also, the Lang Parkeeren lot has a special hourly rate for oversized vehicles with a frequent free shuttle that is dog and crate friendly.

In Frankfurt they accommodate oversized vehicles at a special hourly rate in the surface Bus lot, which is right next to the terminal.

In Lisbon and Porto there are accessible surface lots just outside the terminals.

In Sevilla you can pick up in a Hymer  at the departures level (or park in the long term parking lot, but there is no short term rate).

In Athens there are height barriers in the lots, but they are over 3 meters so no problem. Or you can drive up and pick up.

In Barcelona you can easily pick up or drop off.

In Casablanca there's a specific lot that they want you to use to park a motorhome or other large vehicle - easy walk to the terminal.

Archived