Problems posting pictures

Robinhood

I am currently having problems posting a picture onto a thread which should (AFAIK) upload correctly.

It is well inside the size limit, is of an acceptable format, and I have tried from two machines with two different browsers.

Can anyone else that is practised with the posting of pictures here attempt to add one to this thread, in an attempt to eliminate the possibility that it is an issue with my configuration(s).

Can you also note if you fail.

If it is reproducible by other posters, I'll report a problem.

I am also going to try to add a picture I have previously uploaded, in order to eliminate the particular file as a problem.

Edit to add:

Nope, won't upload a previously posted photo either.

docted - 2015-12-15 5:01 PM

They are probably having an Office Ball (lol)

....I hope they're going to post some pictures!

;-)

TBH, It's probably unreasonable to expect them to (quickly) realise there's a problem of this nature unless someone tells them.

And now I have!

This link is to the AutoSleeper Owners Forum advice on how to use Photobucket

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t160-how-to-add-photos-to-your-posts

As neilmac says earlier, as long as the photo is hosted elsewhere it may prove possible to ‘embed' the image into a posting here.

It should not be necessary to employ this type of 3rd-party work-around though, as the Out&AboutLive forums have historically included a relatively simple-to-use feature allowing smallish-size files to be attached to a posting.

This feature is still present and, until a few days ago, was fully functional. Now the feature appears to operate as normal, but although a suitable file can be chosen the file fails to attach to the posting.

(And the feature is still not working...)

As long as an image is hosted elsewhere a link to it can be provided within a posting. This is what you’ve been able to do with the Wells photo and what I’ve been able to do with the following photos that were provided via a link in an earlier forum discussion

http://tinyurl.com/zd3augb

But providing a link does not result in the image appearing automatically as an integral part of a posting as happened in the past using the “Attach a file after posting” method that no longer works.

In his posting of 14 December 2015 2:03 PM earlier in this thread neilmac managed to insert a photo of his motorhome within the posting itself, but I don’t know how he did it.

In his posting of 14 December 2015 2:03 PM earlier in this thread neilmac managed to insert a photo of his motorhome within the posting itself, but I don’t know how he did it.

Once a photo has been uploaded to Photobucket.com (its free to use) then there are 4 options of code that can be obtained for it to post in different situations.

This forum requires the HTML option (3rd on list of options).

When selecting the chosen code you just have to click on it for it to be copied, you can then post that code in its entirety into a forum post.

It's an easy system to use once done a couple of times :-)

Archived