Sound bar for a 24" TV

flyboyprowler

Adiebt - 2020-10-15 4:38 PM

I cant see why a soundbar would be incompatible with a 12v TV , can you mains power the sound bar ?

No, and without digging for power, the supply would have to come from the TV itself. I see now that Avtex do a sound bar for their TV's and I assume that it would be compatible with other telly's as well.

flyboyprowler - 2020-10-15 4:43 PM

Adiebt - 2020-10-15 4:38 PM

I cant see why a soundbar would be incompatible with a 12v TV , can you mains power the sound bar ?

No, and without digging for power, the supply would have to come from the TV itself. I see now that Avtex do a sound bar for their TV's and I assume that it would be compatible with other telly's as well.

Are you sure the Avtex soundbar is powered from the tv? The one I was looking at some time ago could be 12/24v or mains.

https://www.towsure.com/avtex-tv-sound-bar?gclid=CjwKCAjw5p_8BRBUEiwAPpJO61sAAxgtjUzZFeZwS2h1pA5hFbncE6j_ksnkkO8yc6bvcf4TMKEOxRoCSL8QAvD_BwE

flyboyprowler - 2020-10-15 4:05 PM

Can anyone recommend a sound bar that can be fitted to a 12 volt TV in our motorhome. It appears that a normal one is not suitable for 12 volt TV's.

We have this one connected to a Cello tv in our motorhome. Got it from Amazon, simply plugs into the earphone socket and works and sounds great :-D

Trust Arys PC Soundbar Speaker for Computer and Laptop, 12 W, USB Powered- Black

No advise on sound bar but please when you do fit one please check outside your van as sometime like happened to us last week the van next doors radio was so loud you could hear it our van parked 10 meters away. Good job it was only one night or we might have had words. People don't know or realise how loud TV etc are outside lets face it vans are a big sound box especially doors with no sound deadening. Have fun.

Hi

May not be able to do this but,,,, can you fit a jack plug to the mic: on the tv and connect the other end of the jack plug into the Aux on the radio,, the tv will then come through the lounge speakers. (Works on an Autotrail Apache 632)

Jack plug you can pick up for a few pounds.

Derek

Caddies104 - 2020-10-16 9:22 AM

Hi

May not be able to do this but,,,, can you fit a jack plug to the mic: on the tv and connect the other end of the jack plug into the Aux on the radio,, the tv will then come through the lounge speakers. (Works on an Autotrail Apache 632)

Derek

trying to be helpful I am sure you meant 'earpiece on the TV' not mic.

That is how I have mine and the benefit is the sound is very good when we are sat in the cab swivel seats

rayc - 2020-10-16 9:50 AM

Caddies104 - 2020-10-16 9:22 AM

Hi

Derek

trying to be helpful I am sure you meant 'earpiece on the TV' not mic.

That is how I have mine and the benefit is the sound is very good when we are sat in the cab swivel seats

Spot on,, works well and sound is very good... ;-)

Rather than boosting the "umph" at the set, is it feasible to have a moveable, remote (possible wireless?) speaker that can just be located in the best spot, depending on where in the van you're sitting/lounging?....

(I'm a bit of luddite when it comes to "tech", so the above is as much a question, as it is a suggestion... :-D )

andy mccord - 2020-10-16 11:54 AM

I have the avtex sound bar with my 24" avtex tv and I can tell you it is powered by 240v and connected via usb to the tv

Andy

Avtex state that the power supply for the TV itself can be 12 24 or 240 volt and I have written to them to confirm what the sound bar needs, but thanks for your input. We currently have a Caratec 24 which I am not that impressed with and that has a sound bar. The Avtex looks like a better quality set, and they do a 27" for us goggle watchers.

weldted - 2020-10-16 6:21 PM

We have a Cello not impressed with sound quality at all and find the viewing angle for the tv not much better. Most disappointed.

Indeed, the sound quality on our Cello 19" is dreadful and the picture is poor too. It's the only TV I've had that won't let you adjust screen colour, it restricts you to 4 or 5 preset choices like 'normal', 'cinema' etc. all of which are pretty bad. Cheap for a reason..

As a sound bar we use a £45 Psyc Monic speaker which has been nothing short of awesome. The sound quality is superb as all the online reviews will confirm.

Rechargable (USB-C) battery, bluetooth and 3.5mm jackplug.

We use it with the TV via the jackplug and for playing music etc. from phones and our Zenec head unit via bluetooth (avoiding using the door speakers when parked as we're good neighbours).

I can't recommend it highly enough.

After having had several Avtex TV'S we bought the 24" Avtex TV and the Avtex sound bar.

The picture quality on the TV was shockingly bad (never had that before with Avtex) so we swapped it for a Sharp 24" 12 / 24v smart TV which is a whole lot better and continued using the Avtex bar on 12 volt (yes it is 12 or 230 powered.) The sound quality is very good but not as good as our old "Bose" mini soundlink which we used on previous TVs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Frankkia - 2020-10-18 9:28 PM

After having had several Avtex TV'S we bought the 24" Avtex TV and the Avtex sound bar.

The picture quality on the TV was shockingly bad (never had that before with Avtex) so we swapped it for a Sharp 24" 12 / 24v smart TV which is a whole lot better and continued using the Avtex bar on 12 volt (yes it is 12 or 230 powered.) The sound quality is very good but not as good as our old "Bose" mini soundlink which we used on previous TVs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Yes, thank you, very useful. :-D

Archived