Tired out

tonyg3nwl

Tired out  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No not me but the van.

We have planned a rally and decided to check tyre pressures etc before gòing.

My electric pump ok for the car, is not man enough for the van pressures needeed! so went to local tyre depot for checking.

They checked tread and sidewall conditions all round ànd advise that it was barely legal on front tread, and rears were suffering sidewall deteriation cracking, so would fail mot.

4 new tyres were ordered and fitted yesterday, with new valves etc.

Pirelli camper tyres, total cost just over 500 pounds so feel safely shod once again.

Tonyg3nwl

I assume that I could add 1000 to price of van, complete with tyres , but I bet dealer would argue that tyres were replaced, therefore mileage is excessive so value significantly lower than I wanf..

Sorry, van not yet for sale! ((Unless you have 30k to pay me in cash!!!)

Tonyg3nwl.

I had a good look round my 03 Burstner after I bought it and noticed the spare, although good in tread had some sidewall cracking, so took it off for inspection (as well as confirming frame came un done with supplied tools) ??

Tyre dated Feb 02 ?? so no one had changed it in 16 years.

I do wonder about the maintenance schedules of some owners!!

Now when the other four "roadstone" ???? tyres wear out, i'll be doing those too!

Conti 10 ply 114 R's is the plan. ????

tonyg3nwl - 2018-08-22 12:23 PM

rears were suffering sidewall deteriation cracking, so would fail mot.

Unless the cords are exposed it should only be an advisory on the MOT - if that.

Different testers have different opinions.

I got an advisory for both rear tyres perished 3 years ago.

Kept them on and the next 2 MOTs it sailed through without comment.

Archived