Touring Southern Ireland

Priston

Be careful, the southern islanders still drive on the wrong side.

They use kilometers instead of miles (you may wish to change your satnav units from imperial to metric).

But I don't know if the pubs sell Guinness by the pints or by the half liters.

Also they use strange coins without the queen and with a strange symbol engraved.

Smile, Max

I assume you going via Rosslare there is a very nice site about half hour from the ferry .l think its at St Margarets also the Irish tourist office at the Ferry Terminal which will supply you with campsite brochures. Tel.no 05333232. Expect sites to be a bit pricey. Ring of Kerry is a must also the Beara peninsula and the Dingle. So much to see and do people are lovely always interested in you and full of local information. Take your wet gear as it can rain but September can be a good time to go. Enjoy your trip.

Hi

Quite a lot of sites may be full (as they all are now) but who knows September maybe not. So booking may not be an issue

Need to know the route or routes you plan to take to recommend campsites on your preferred route PM me if you wish You will be made welcome and who knows you may get to join in a Motorhome Rally if you wish, for a night or two as some of the Motorhome Clubs welcome tourers on their Rallies ( if they are in the area ) One being the Irish Motorhome Club

Regards

Archived