Using a Dehumidifier

Den

Borrowed my daughters Dehumidifier and put it into our MH last night.

Surprised to find about a litre of water this afternoon.

Just wondered if maybe it’s working on outside air due to the sunroof being of the type to allow air circulation.

Anyone used a machine and found the same results.

Den

I have never owned a damp motorhome (how lucky is that).

Every Winter I placed 2 of these in the van and kept an eye on them. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eshop-12-x-Interior-Dehumidifier/dp/B00AZKNP7K/ref=asc_df_B00AZKNP7K?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80676741573888&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276299139520&psc=1

If they start to have water in the bottom then you may have a problem. Mine would stay dry in the bottom with traces of the crystals absorbing a little dampness. That is with a motorhome that was proven dry with a damp meter in Hab checks. You can get them from B&M or Pound shops, so I would start with these and see how it goes.

747 - 2021-12-29 6:30 PM

I have never owned a damp motorhome (how lucky is that).

Every Winter I placed 2 of these in the van and kept an eye on them. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eshop-12-x-Interior-Dehumidifier/dp/B00AZKNP7K/ref=asc_df_B00AZKNP7K?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80676741573888&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276299139520&psc=1

If they start to have water in the bottom then you may have a problem. Mine would stay dry in the bottom with traces of the crystals absorbing a little dampness. That is with a motorhome that was proven dry with a damp meter in Hab checks. You can get them from B&M or Pound shops, so I would start with these and see how it goes.

He says he has collected a litre of water in less than a day

How much water would they collect *-)

Den - 2021-12-29 5:02 PM

Borrowed my daughters Dehumidifier and put it into our MH last night.

Surprised to find about a litre of water this afternoon.

Den

Thats because its incredibly warm for the time of year.

It wotks by warm air blown over a cold radiator, and the condensation dripping into the tray beneath

So there needs to be a substantial difference between the surrounding air and the radiator

But water on the radiator freezes at 0 deg C

So the surrounding air needs to be well above 0C, the warmer the better.

Below 5 deg C (normal temp for this time of year) it will hardly be doing anything

I’m not thinking my MH is damp, but wondered if the dehumidifier was pulling in the air from the skylight which allows ventilation for gas purposes.

I have to say I was surprised at the amount of water

Den - 2022-01-05 10:08 AM

I’m not thinking my MH is damp, but wondered if the dehumidifier was pulling in the air from the skylight which allows ventilation for gas purposes.

I had the same when I tried one for a few days and am convinced that it was outside air every time you open the door it lets more air it.

Den - 2022-01-05 10:08 AM

You are correct.

Archived