Weinsberg?

Hawcara

Weinsberg is a secondary brand of Knaus.

You may find that some Knaus dealerships also sell Weinsberg motorhomes, but others may not. There seem to be significantly more Knaus dealerships in the UK than Weinsberg dealerships and, as the Knaus and Weinsberg websites both have a dealership search capability (though I don’t trust the accuracy of the data!) you should be able to identify where the UK agencies for each brand are if you work at it.

Interestingly while driving through Croatia today near Rovinj and motorhome spotting (as you do!) my wife said "is that a Knaus?" no it was a Weinsberg. Good looking motorhome. I almost purchased a Knaus instead of our AT Tracker FB thus she was familiar with the Knaus brand. Not heard of the Weinsberg brand & certainly not available in the colonies! Cheers,

Details of the Knaus Tabbert company are here

https://www.knaustabbert.de/en/company/about-us.html

and their leisure-vehicle brands are listed here

https://www.knaustabbert.de/en/brands/weinsberg.html

Historically, Weinsberg motorhomes were clones of Knaus models, with the differences being relatively minor (eg. upholstery fabrics) rather like Swift and Bessacarr used to be in the UK and Chausson and Challenger are in France. Not sure if that’s still the case with Weinsberg or how the vehicles compare with Knaus price-wise.

There was an owners report in MMM about 12 months ago which I recall. Think the owner lived in the Midlands area and did a positive report to the extent that we considered the brand which we viewed at the NEC show last September. The main dealer was Camperco who use them for their fleet rentals. They are Irish based but do have outlets in the uk.

In the end we bought an alternative brand.

Hope this is of some help.

Hi,

We wrote the review on our Weinsberg Caracompact last year and can report that we are still extremely pleased with it. The design is good for us and build quality is reasonable for a mid range coach-built. The dealer Premium motorhomes at Bawtry have been ok and there are now a couple more around including Davan in the west country.

It won an award in the C&MC tests this year - that was a snazzy version with fancy trim.

Steve

Guest pelmetman

Seen a few abroad........Just another company trying to reinvent the wheel ;-) .......

Is your current wheel not doing the same job?..........

pelmetman - 2018-06-08 9:40 PM

Seen a few abroad........Just another company trying to reinvent the wheel ;-) .......

You might want to look at the following link that gives the history of the Weinsberg brand

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.weinsberg.com/de-de/weinsberg/historie.html&prev=search

The Weinsberg brand has been in existence since 1912 and making motorhomes since 1969.

What was the lifespan of the Autohomes company that built your beloved “Travelhome”? 10 years? 15 years?

Knaus and Weinsberg have had some rocky financial moments, but (unlike Autohomes) are still alive and kicking.

pelmetman - 2018-06-08 9:40 PMSeen a few abroad........Just another company trying to reinvent the wheel ;-) .......Is your current wheel not doing the same job?..........

At least they aren't part of the Hymer or Trigano empires!

Steve

Hawcara - 2018-06-06 6:45 PM

...I’m doing research for the next van.

Weinsberg’s UK website suggests that their panel-van conversions (I think you want a PVC) come in two flavours - “Carabus” models with 6 interior layouts and up to 5 beds, or “Caratour” models with 3 interior layouts and up to 3 beds.

I’m guessing that not many Weinsberg Carabus/Caratour PVCs will have been sold in the UK. Knaus PVC equivalents will almost certainly have been more popular (Brian Kirby has one) and you might be able to use feedback from Knaus PVC owners to gain an idea of the pros-and-cons of buying a Weinsberg PVC.

Archived