You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
autosleeper saga
AuthorMessage
usercharleydog
Posted: 16 September 2020 8:52 AM
Subject: autosleeper saga

Pops in from time to time

Handover,7th Sep. arrived as requested 930am.seen by the salesman at 10.15.wrong number plates fixed to camper, tow hitch ordered with purchase not fitted.2.5-hour wait for this. rush of paperwork .left at 2.45.with a wave of the hand from the salesman.One two night stay on campsite,now total failure of 12volt system,booked in for repair 29thSep.Not bad for £61000
userRandonneur
Posted: 16 September 2020 5:17 PM
Subject: RE: autosleeper saga

Forum master

Thats disgusting.
userDon636
Posted: 16 September 2020 5:56 PM

Lives on the forums

Unfortunately your experience is not uncommon. I was talking to a couple on a site last week who had an Elddis coach built that they bought last September. They had done 1,000 miles since (Covid remember) and 600 of these miles were multiple trips to the dealer Brownhills to have a number of serious issues dealt with including water ingress!! This was their first motorhome post retirement and they were at the end of their tether. This is a totally unacceptable standard of build quality and aftercare. I reckon a lot of manufacturers and dealers are just not interested in delivering an acceptable standard of product and service and believe these issues are merely little teething problems that are to be expected.
I chose our PVC based on the perceived rock solid build quality and level of after sales service (Van bought direct from the manufacturer rather than a middle man dealer) and my decision has proven to be sound with no problems in six years other than a few minor adjustments and breakage of minor fittings that were taken care of at the annual hab service, usually at no charge.
Hope you get it all,sorted.

Edited by Don636 2020-09-16 5:57 PM
userbreakaleg
Posted: 17 September 2020 11:02 AM

Epic contributor

We have ordered a Nuevo on a ducato with the nine speed auto box for delivery around March, many of the Sargant control panels fail but there have been reports of a software update that seems to have fixed this.
Our present van is an Elddis Autoquest 115 Sunseeker and had few problems from new the van is five years old and is going in for a water ingress fix on Monday next week under warrantee.
Hoping that the new van is trouble free, I wonder if one day we won't have to hope (to much to ask for?)
Pete
usercharleydog
Posted: 17 September 2020 2:49 PM

Thanks for the replies, had to have a rant
userron.
Posted: 17 September 2020 6:03 PM

Has lots to offer

Your not alone 2. A few years back we bought a new top of the range AutoSleeper from Marquis and on getting home attempted to fill it with water. This resulted in leaks from nearly every joint in the water system, both internal and external. The van had to go back to AutoSleeper for the first of several visits with a multitude of faults. So much for AutoSleeper quality and Marquis PDI.
usercharleydog
Posted: 17 September 2020 6:51 PM

Ron, see you have a chausson630,that's what we changed for the auto sleeper ,thought we were buying British quality in downsizing to a pvc. Liked the 630 too.
userFred Duck
Posted: 17 September 2020 7:16 PM

Keeps coming back for more

Marquis PDI. Now there's a contradiction in terms. Our van bought 12 months ago from them looked fine when we collected it. It wasn't new and we didn't expect a new van. However, we had hoped that they would have done such things as clean the carpets rather than simply covering them with that cling film like covering that gives the impression they've been cleaned, that they would have removed what appeared to be the remnants of a maggots nest from under the floor inspection panel between the front seats, that they would have cleaned the cup stains from the table folded up in the wardrobe and even that they would have emptied the toilet cassette that was full to the brim (and I mean FULL) with the previous owners 'droppings'!! It went on and it took us a good month to properly clean the van. They apologised, profusely, of course when they finally replied to our complaint (even that took over a week) and they supplied new carpets. However, we take pleasure in those of our motorhome owning friends who saw what the van was like vowing, like us, never to even think about buying from Marquis in the future. Indeed one of them cancelled an appointment they'd made to view a van they would have probably bought.

FD

Edited by Fred Duck 2020-09-17 7:18 PM
userDon636
Posted: 18 September 2020 7:27 AM

Lives on the forums

I must admit that I would not touch a used van that was sitting on the forecourt in that condition. To me it suggests that the previous owner did not look after the van properly and had low standards of cleanliness so I would not trust it. I would never hand over a vehicle in trade-in, be it a car or a motorhome, that was not presented in pristine condition. Alternatively I would expect the motorhome to be fully valeted and serviced before being put onto the forecourt for sale. To do otherwise implies to me that the dealer will try to get away with doing the minimum if someone is prepared to buy it in its current condition on the understanding that it is properly prepared. It is disgusting that this sort of thing happens but unfortunately it does happen often so buyer beware I say - trust no one.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator