photo posting problems.

lancepar

This is what I do presently.

Reduce the image size in a photo editing programme like Photoshop to less than 100kb.

Save the image to something like photobucket

Then copy and post the HTML to the message. (not the URL)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/lancepar/Autotrail/Rover_zpsduolawpu.jpg

If I check this preview the message and image appear.

Is this not the way it has always been????? I can't remember *-)

Merry Xmas

B-)

Assuming the error is to do with the picture size being too large you can resize it.

On your PC go to the folder containing the photo you want to post the double click on the photo to open it - it will usually open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, or something like that.

Click on 'Edit Pictures'

then select 'Resize'

select 'predefined width x height'

in the drop down field select the type of photo you want to resize to, eg 'Web - Large', then save and check what size it's been altered to, if its too big, repeat and select 'Web - Small' then save again.

Once you're happy with the size you can then post it.

The best system for adjustment and alterations is Picasa. A free download. It beats all the other schemes by far. Everything is laid out and simple to use.

Its very simple, pictures can be downloaded straight from a memory stick or CD.

I find all the other systems far too complicated and messy!

If I can use it then anyone can !!

colin - 2015-12-21 8:30 AM

lancepar - 2015-12-20 10:41 PM

Is this not the way it has always been????? I can't remember *-)

Merry Xmas

B-)

No, until recently you could upload a less than 100kb photo straight from your pute.

MMM are aware that there is currently a problem posting photos.

See thread " Problems posting pictures "

Last we heard was on 18 December when they said they were " looking into it " - no update since.

:-(

spospe - 2015-12-21 10:52 AM

Can we stick to the original Robinhood thread about this problem please? Multiple threads cause confusion.

Robinhoods thread is at: http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Problems-posting-pictures/40318/

:-S

These are twoooooo different threads.

The original is "Problem posting pictures"

This thread is "photo posting problems" an alternative method of posting images until the site is fixed and is for peeps to add their methods to help others etc. Perhaps It should have been called "how to post your images until the site is fixed" to avoid confusion.

B-)

• 2 weeks later...

To Malc.............doing the testing.

When you have compiled your message with images......do you check the "Preview" option. When I do the preview shows the message and the image, so I assume it also appears when I click "Submit".

HTH

B-)

PS its Jan 2016 tomorrow, posting images shouldn't be a problem anymore the proper way ;-)

As I understand it, re-establishing the forums’ ‘Attach a file after posting’ facility will involve Microsoft providing a software patch to overcome a bug in the Microsoft Server update that was released in the first couple of weeks of December. This patch apparently won’t be available until some time in January and then it will need to be applied to the Warners system. So don’t hold your breath...

(There’s little point in ‘testing’ the system to see if the feature is suddenly working as a message will be posted to this forum once the ‘fix’ has been carried out.)

Hello,

I'm pleased to say that the patch to fix the image up-loader has been released by Microsoft and it was installed this afternoon. Our initial testing looks promising and it appears the problem is now resolved.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience and please don't hesitate to report any further issues with the forum.

Kindest regards,

Mark.

lancepar - 2016-01-06 9:26 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2016-01-06 6:30 PM

Seems to be working...

Nice image of T.I.M. Derek, how did you do that. (?)

B-)

What is T.I.M. ? I found a reference on the Urban Dictionary, but I’m doubtful it’s what you meant.

The attached file approaches the 100KB limit. I experimented with the same image but tweaked to just over 100KB and the attachment-system rejected it with a warning message. So everything is now back to normal.

1365957944_Rapido640.jpg.06002ccac6ad6a440b0ec96951180480.jpg

Derek Uzzell - 2016-01-07 7:44 AM

lancepar - 2016-01-06 9:26 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2016-01-06 6:30 PM

Seems to be working...

Nice image of T.I.M. Derek, how did you do that. (?)

B-)

What is T.I.M. ? I found a reference on the Urban Dictionary, but I’m doubtful it’s what you meant.

The attached file approaches the 100KB limit. I experimented with the same image but tweaked to just over 100KB and the attachment-system rejected it with a warning message. So everything is now back to normal.

Why, what a nice van! :-D

Archived