OAL award 2008!

colin

I know it's many years since I have stayed at Hedra but this statement stunned me

“And because the park is such a huge setting, surrounded by gorgeous countryside, its appeal is also one of calm and tranquillity.”

I 'often' drive past Hendra and "calm and tranquillity" don't come to mind.

You've read it wrong Colin.

"It's appeal is one of calm and tranquility" really means that on their original assessement, the judges scored the site as a 0/10 for calm and tranquility.

The owners appealed, and the judges reluctantly agreed to increase the score to one out of ten.

:D

Gotta be a noisy place, as "Hedra" is an anagram of "heard". :D

Guest Tracker

If this refers to the Hendra tourist site near Newquay in Cornwall - this is, or used to be a site used a lot by groups of young people and surfers many of whom have a different perception of peace and tranquility to our own!

It is a very large site with lots of entertainment and it used to have quite a reputation for trouble with regular police intervention.

I have no up to date information and things may have changed and I would not want to malign it unjustly but I would be very wary and research it well first before contemplating staying there in the summer.

Archived