robdav

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

robdav last won the day on April 1 2023

robdav had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

robdav's Achievements

Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Thanks for the comments. It hadn't actually occurred to me that it could be condensation! Where it collects indicates that it could be condensation and because the blinds are left closed, I may not have noticed it before. I did get ChatGPT to decode the text of the label and it was of some use, pasting below for info, not all spot on but may be of use for others. The label indicates that the window is a Dometic S5 window, which is a double-glazed acrylic window with a roller blind and a fly screen. The window has a DOT-769 code, which means it is a Seitz window, a brand that is part of Dometic Group. The window has an AS-5 code, which means it is a sliding window, which can be opened and closed horizontally. The window has a M-50G code, which means it has a grey frame and a 50 mm wall thickness. The window has a V-X/B(E1)43R-001748 code, which is the ECE approval number, which indicates that the window complies with the European regulations for vehicle safety. The window has a PES S/Q/>PMMA< code, which means it is made of polyester (PES) and polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), which are synthetic materials that are durable and transparent. The window has an ADP7M20490X0500 code, which is the window size, which means the window has a width of 490 mm and a height of 500 mm. I will try and establish if the water is condensation before going any further, perhaps get the wife to see if we can do a leak test with the hose.
  2. Hi I have noticed the rear windows on our Pilote PVC (Fiat Ducato) are leaking and I'm assuming the seals need replacing. I am having problems trying to identify the model of the windows in order to find the right part. I have attached the sticker that is on both windows but when searching I cannot work out what model they are. I have also attached inside and outside photo. Any help appreciated as always! Thanks Rob I have checked the 'drain' holes are clear!
  3. Oh, the joys of owning a van, something is always going wrong…. We have a Truma Combi 6E heater/hot water boiler in our van. I’ve noticed recently that the flashing sign indicating that the hot water is heating has been flashing at times when I wouldn’t expect it to. We also had the hot water on gas this week and an unusual burning smell was coming from the boiler. It’s almost like the hot water thermostat has gone wrong and isn’t controlling the boiler properly. Is this someone has seen before? If so, is it a self-repairable job? Any advice appreciated as always. Thanks Rob