Fuel Protest Convoy

Mike Parke

Well down here in Cornwall today quite a few lorry's on the roads, convoy from Chiverton Cross to Launceston back to Hayle, then back to Chiverton Cross again.

We supported it, and we had friends and family joined in.

Bring it On.

Lots on the local news here about the action on the A30

As I say I applaud the action for what it is trying to achieve - but I do wonder if targeting holiday makers travelling to the SW is targeting the correct people!

Far better the action in Wales on the M4 and the blockade in London.

I would have thought a rolling road on the M25 would be far better than hacking off families on the A30. And as said by some - go for a blockade of the refineries.

Go for the ports

this is not just a UK thing - Farmers Fishermen and hauliers across the EU are protesting against the cost of fuel.

Personally I think the amount of tax paid on a litre of petrol should be pegged at a certain level - say 50 or 60 pence - then we would not feel so p*ssed when a 1pence rise in the true cost of fuel represents a 4 p increase in what we pay at the pumps with 3 pence of that 4 pence going to the taxman.

Because when you think of it a 69 percent tax on a commodity hits the poorest in society far harder than those that can afford the flash car.

As such the tax as a hugely disproportionate percentage of the true cost is grossly unfair.

Sadly I believe the time has come for direct action and I will be out with my tow truck and trailer Donna - so no hard feelings and let’s make sure we get the real message across to the numpties that would have us believe that the issue is the cost of oil alone.

It isn't

How can it be with a 69% tax levied?????

Archived