what a lovely surprise , thank you

ROON

Just read the headlines ..... ROON-eys five million pound wedding....

I guess you must have finally bought George clooney for me at that price....

Seriously, any thoughts anybody? I know it's his money and he can do what he wants, but the news item beforehand was starving babies in a famine.... I felt a bit sick inside that we are so wrapped up in our own enjoyment at times. I'm as guilty as everybody else and pick my six numbers on the lottery every week, so I am greedy too. But no-one seems to have mention him.

At a guess, most of the cost of the wedding will be picked up by a glossy magazine.

It is hard to see these children who are in such desperate need of the basics for life, but their own governments are often the ones failing them.

We can only do our bit by giving to charities which help them and hope that the political situation in their countries changes as soon as possible.

J9withdogs - 2008-06-10 4:48 PM

At a guess, most of the cost of the wedding will be picked up by a glossy magazine.

It is hard to see these children who are in such desperate need of the basics for life, but their own governments are often the ones failing them.

We can only do our bit by giving to charities which help them and hope that the political situation in their countries changes as soon as possible.

To be more exact the bill for the wedding will be picked up by the people who buy the glossy magazines .

;-)

Like all footballers he's overpaid but that's market forces.

Whilst the juxtaposition of the two stories was unfortunate, unless wealth is somehow capped and the surplus redistributed such inequalities will continue. Since that is very unlikely nothing much will change despite the sterling efforts of the aid agencies.

I don't blame Rooney at all, as you say it's his money .................

Guest peter
And I guess it will be done in the worst possible taste, if the other bag of wind kicking morons are anything to go by. (Beckhams) Lets face it they've got no style. >:-)

We had a fab wedding last year and didn't spend anything like that amount (obviously)! I think to splash around that sort of dosh on one day, however special is just obscene.

What I do think is such a shame is that a lot of celebrity weddings don't last the test of time and fame and fortune..... so that he'd possibly be better saving some for the divorce payout. (not being too negative am I??)

Archived