Portugal?

Sparkle

Anyone done Portugal, in particular Porto?

We fancy a trip over there and a visit to the Port factories.... supping the varieties etc..... should take a few days to get over the hangover I expect but I reckon it'd be worth a looksee.

Sparkle - 2008-06-15 7:52 PM

We fancy a trip over there and a visit to the Port factories.... supping the varieties etc..... should take a few days to get over the hangover I expect but I reckon it'd be worth a looksee.

Don't know which way you would go to Porto, but if you use route IP5 and then E80 to cross Portugal there's a nice little site which might be on your way at the village of Melo ( a few miles n.e. of Gouvea - which has a supermarket ).

It's a few miles 'off route', to the south, but we found it a pleasant break.

According to my notes of the trip the site was called ' Quinta das Cegonhas'

Sorry, can't help you with Porto though as we went straight through.

:-|

Sparkle - 2008-06-15 7:52 PM

Switzerland done them last night.

Mick H.

Cheers for the tip - I daren't go past Porto.. in fact that would be the one reason we would stop!!!

As for the F word, well we don't mention that or watch it in our house, e are an F free zone... so anyone looking for refuge away from it is welcome!!!

Archived