Aires, Municipals, POI's lacs central France ?

MandyAndy

We have decided to spend the first week of our holls around the lacs in Central France, so far we have Lac de Orient which we passed last year but didn't stop, the Aire looked great but I think could get busy.

Lac de Madine and Lac de Der are 2 others and Lac de Marcenay which I think may be a bit further south we stopped off here for breakfast last year and loved it but not sure where it was.

Anyone know anything about these or any others you can recommend, we where going further south but changed our minds with price of fuel and a child that is not keen on huge waves but loves the water.

For second week we are crossing to Marans and then heading North from there.

Many thanks in advance,

Mandy

Guest JudgeMental

Stopped of at "lac Du Der" last year on our way home from Italy, as it had favorable reviews on here. To be honest we were disappointed. It is basically a man made flood plain, with trees sticking out of the water and a submerged village! I found the atmosphere a bit eerie........Probably because we had just returned from lake Garda and had been spoilt.

The French seem to love it and I suppose at the end of the day its access to water.....but I would not drive there for water when there are some fine beaches nearer on the coast.

where is Maran? as i have looked for it and can't find it (after you mentioned it before)

Eddie

Marans, Maine-et-Loire, Pays de la Loire, France , if you google it and you will see village de vacancies, that is where the Municipal is. Sorry I missed the s off.

Found a few aires now round and about the Lacs we are looking at.

Have you ever been to the Isle of La Rochelle, is it very crowded?

thanks

Mandy

Guest JudgeMental
Mandy&Andy - 2008-06-23 1:28 PM

Have you ever been to the Isle of La Rochelle, is it very crowded?

thanks

Mandy

Yes a few times. 2 years ago we stayed on "Ile de Re" at camping Interlude. It is a good site on an excellent beach. great area for cycling. high summer it is busy but not more then anywhere else.......

Stayed on the aires at Lac Du Der many times on our way to and from other parts. There are a few shops there and a campsite but nothing much else unless you like fishing and walking. Its great for cycling; very safe as there are cycling routes all over the place. Around the lake is about 26 miles I think.

We have always found it easy to stay on the aires but we always travel off peak in the spring and autumn.

Archived