Fresh water tank

Itexuk

Hi- We always try to get rid of our fresh water before setting off for home, so as to reduce weight , and hopefully save fuel, I prefere to top up with fresh water for each trip out, or at the campsite on arrival, but always carry a seperate 10litre container for the odd cupper on the way ;-)

As far as I know its not a good idea to leave water in the fresh tank for more than a few days.

Its because the water may warm (due to the sun etc, when sitting on your drive) the water to a temperature where batteria may breed.

(Legionaires)

Although we dont actually drink our fresh water, we still empty the tank if we are not useing it for more than a week.

I trust there will be more comments from other experienced folk.

Last week I was sorting out a water problem on a Hymer, nothing coming out of the taps basically. Pump was running fine and pumping too. Stripped the kitchen and then the bathroom taps and got half a pint of crud out of both including dead flies and mosquitoes :-( . I think after that I would always reccomend draining the water down if its not going to be used for a while but I'd also reccomend the fitting of a decent filter system if you plan on drinking water from the on board tank.

D.

Edited to correct dodgy spullings ;-)

Archived