3G Dongle 5Gb for £7.50 per month

Basil

This is a great price but I signed up to 3 and when I tried it at home we had either a very poor signal or no signal at all. I took it back and am now with T mobile. Much more expensive but it works every time and yes I can use Skype even if it says no, in the small print.

Sooty10

gordonaldson - 2008-08-01 8:15 PM

Dear Gals and Guys,

Ahhhhh have I missed something here, ah yes, no, checked out you internet address oh so helpfully printed for us to make contact.

Yip, 3G, 5GB, expiriory date 31st August.

Hoooooray.

Thanks you wonderfull guy and happy motorhoming.

Gordon....

Thanks Gordon, just looked and you are quite right the offer end date has been altered to 31st August 2008, good news more time for me to procrastenate, even better! LoL.

Bas

Think I might know why it has been extended Basil.

Having seen your thread I ordered one on the 28th of July with delivery on Saturday the 1st of August.

Received an email late Friday to say that 'due to the popularity of this offer we are experiencing a minor delay'

As happens with the internet perhaps the news has spread elsewhere :-D

My brother collected his from the post office today and we've been down to set it up for him this afternoon, very simple to use and he's already sending emails to his kids in Leeds and New Zealand!B-)

Just need to get them all sorted to use Skype now! :-D

:-D Thanks for all the information on this Basil sent off for it !

Next question please: not being very technical how do you NOT download all the pictures and other data on your laptop? New to all this and although I have excellent broadband at home see this as an ideal solution when on the move!

Wildge - 2008-08-04 12:53 PM

:-D Thanks for all the information on this Basil sent off for it !

Next question please: not being very technical how do you NOT download all the pictures and other data on your laptop? New to all this and although I have excellent broadband at home see this as an ideal solution when on the move!

Hi W, hope it works out for you, your last sentance is my view also, it will never be perfect but I believe it to be a good and fairly well priced option currently.

With regard to your question I am no expert on this so others may well be able to offer other ways of saving download data, but all I have done is in XP you need to go to 'Control Panel' select 'Internet Options' select the 'Advanced' tab at the top, then scroll down to the 'Multimedia' section and untick the relevent boxes i.e.

Play animations in webpages*

Play sounds in webpages

Show pictures

you will then have to restart your computer for some of your changes to take effect.

If you wish to return to the previous settings you just go through the same process and re tick those that you want.

You can then judge how much your usage is going to be and you may find 5Gig will allow you to use your computer as you would normally but you always have the option to reduce your downloading.

Bas

*-) Thanks for that Basil. Will certainly use that solution at home where I have xp .............. s...ds law that new pc has Vista but at least I now Know where to look.

Thank goodness for all you Knowledgeable people out there.

Wildge

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Slightly off topic but it may interest some of you, I want to use my PAYG 3 dongle on my boat but can't get a signal so i need to reposition the dongle away from the laptop.

In order to do this I have just purchased 5 - 3 metre USB extensions from the 99p store and it works, the only problem is i can only connect 3 of the extensiosn together as any more and the dongle is not reconnised so if any of you need to do the same only buy 3

hope that helps someone

Braunston

Archived