embarrassing moments

ROON

best - or should that be worst -

come from senior moments - it's not that I forget the word that I'm looking for - more that the defective brain cells provide a substitute which may or may not be appropriate - I carry on rabbiting away - suddenly realising that every one is looking blank - and then I desperately try to rewind the tape to hear what I've said

:D :D

B-)

michele - 2008-07-23 11:38 PM

twooks - 2008-07-23 11:32 PM

you seem to have a few problems with the same part of your anatomy Howie me old marra

are you sure you know what's what >:-) >:-)

B-)

My mates Dunshargin days were nearly over before they started

PS xx

:D
Yes, I do know whats what Twonks and tell Norma my Dunshargin days are yet to come. Its just that I now need a bit of encouragement and sympathy thats all.

Thats awfully kind of you all, but if I remember correctly Mel's last mention on this subject consisted of her sending me a picture of her holding two house bricks and wearing nothing but a demented smile. Call me sentimental, but i,ve grown quite attached to what i,ve got and prefer to keep it that way thank you.

Guest Le Thou
Le Thou - 2008-07-23 10:37 PM

Would have to be seen in THIS !!!!

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

One I remember, which is really just for the ladies on here, was when I was little and was allowed to travel into town with my friend for the very first time without an adult.... we slipped into the toilets in a local pub and when I washed my hands there were no towels... but there was a machine on the wall selling them for 3d. (old money) I put my money in and lo and behold a box came out which some silly factory had put the wrong things in but I was made up. It was not a towel, it was two free safety pins and head band like ballerinas wore in Swan Lake with a loop on either end to put over your ears. Ooooh It was sooooo beautiful. I walked all round town with it on my head and got on the bus home feeling so proud.... my dad was on the bus going home from work (everybody worked Saturday mornings in the factories then) and I was so upset he ignored me despite me shouting 'DAD' over over again at the top of my voice. In fact, he got off the bus miles from home 8-) Overnight the bogey man stole my beautiful headband. Joy :-(

Back in the early seventies freedom wigs were popular and I was unattached at the time. I had met a guy through a friend and he seemed interested. One evening he called me up to say he was going out with some friends in a mixed group and he would like me to join them. It was short notice, I had just washed my hair but I thought I could get it together in time so I agreed. I decided to wear my wig rather than 'set' my hair. So I flattened it down and held it in place with grips. We all went dancing. During one dancing he put his arm around my neck in a close hold and then when the music changed to a faster beat, removed it and his wrist waytch caught the base of my wig which flew off leaving me with this horrible flat mass of hair covered in grips. I was sooooooo embarrassed. I tried to laugh it off and ruffled my hair, the wig fell to the floor and was kicked around by the other dancers. Did I see him again?  No way, I was mortified.

Oh Bootsy, That sounded very familiar..... did you ever use that coloured setting lotion? And then go out in the rain?

Also, I used to wear those individual lashes.... they were really good and you just couldn't tell they were false no matter how close you got.

I had a GORGEOUS optician and he always used to say You have the most beautiful eyelashes. (Me .... flutter flutter) Then one day he went to try out some new contact lenses and he was staring into my eyes ... I always insisted on putting them in myself but without warning he placed his fingers on my eye to pull it open for the lens and voila ..... thick black spiders stuck on his fingers and my cheek!!!!!!!!

I changed opticians after that. 8-)

Archived