Block Braking?

bootbags

Just reading through the rather large Hymer manual It states 'Avoid block brakings. A block braking gives the tyres "brake plates" of varying strength, which reduce comfort and can render the tyres immobile.'

Could somebody explain to me what this means please.

This is where a technical auther and translator should have been employed! Reminds me of 'Milan' where we had to 'retranslate' loads of drawings.

My best guess would be that they are refering to locking wheels/tyres when braking and/or over enthusiastic cadance braking, thereby making flat spots on tyres. Any other takers?

Thank you for that. I expect there will be a few other items that have been 'lost in translation'. I would agree, with important technical matters translation should be accurate. Thinking of the EU and all the countries in it and with more to enter, I wonder how many misunderstandings will arise as a result of translation glitches added to the already vast differences in culture.

I will try not to brake too hard!

:-D And sometimes, if you're REALLY thick like me, even simple things get confusing. I pulled up at a site in Yorkshire and asked where I should park the van ..... the man said 'Have you any chocs?' I thought cheeky beggar .... give him chocolates and he'll give me a nice spec. I said, 'No, I don't eat chocolates. I'm on a diet.'

He looked at me like I was an alien and said LOUDLY AND SLOWLY...... 'CHOCS!!! They are what you put under your wheels to keep the van level!!!!'

:$ :$ :$

Archived