don't put washingout

ROON

hI jANINE, Still won't let me do a bmp as a jpg, in fact it changes a jpg TO a bmp!!! Back to that in a sec.

Michele, thank you for your kind words, but that wasn't the picture I tried to download :'(

Mick, I googled 'PICTURE+Download' and no phot programme came up. Can you give me www. thingy to put in and try and find it. Thank you for the lovely picture... I look dead young ..... well, young!!!

Janine, back to Picasa2. Will you try something for me please. Go to google IMAGES. Choose an image that is only about 26k and which is jpg. Click on it and save as Picasa programme and give it a name. Now go to Picasa..... that is when it comes up as a bmp format on my Picasa programme .... IF it has even downloaded. The last one wouldn't. Also can't reduce button find, or how to order prints.... it doesn't register with Truprint who I usually order from... Where is the button that Picasa help site says is situated to the right of the tray? It is supposed to reduce print size but the button isn't there on my screen....

I am sooooooooo SORRY everybody for going on and on and on, but I am trying HONESTLY, and just failing miserably. Then it worked, didn't it but then it all went scew whiff again!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roon

If you would like to try a completely different, but fairly straightforward way of resizing your pics say - YES

If not, say - not blooming likely.

(It's a method I've used a few times so it must be fairly easy).

;-)

ROON - 2008-07-30 6:40 PM

YES YES YES YES

and even more YES YES YES YES YES...... Where've you gone? 8-)

Very sorry for the hold up -- I was having my dinner.

I sometimes use a web site called www.pictureresize.net

Put your photo where you can find it easily ( briefcase ?)

Sign on to above website.

Follow instructions in column on right hand side of the screen.

Click on 'BROWSE' and find your picture and click on it.

( Name of it then appears in the little box next to 'Browse')

Click on 'UPLOAD'

Your picture will now come up on the screen ( probably very large) and ready for resizing.

In the right hand column under Resize or Crop enter 300 against 'w' and 200 against 'h' ( width and height).

Click 'RESIZE'

Picture will now resize on screen.

Click on 'DOWNLOAD IMAGE'

A window will appear called ' File download' which gives details of the file.

Look at the size of the file where it says: Type - Application and make sure it is less than 100 kb.

If it IS less than 100 kb click SAVE and you can save it in the file where you kept it. The file will be called 'Pictureresize but you can rename it.

IF THE FILE IS MORE THAN 100 kb you can cancel the ' File Download' window - click on RECALL IMAGE ( in right hand column) and try a lower number in the 'Width' and 'Height' boxes.

I hope this is fairly clear and you are successful - just take your time and have a few goes at it.

Good luck.

;-) ;-)

ROON - 2008-07-30 5:55 PM

hI jANINE, Still won't let me do a bmp as a jpg, in fact it changes a jpg TO a bmp!!! Back to that in a sec.

Michele, thank you for your kind words, but that wasn't the picture I tried to download :'(

Mick, I googled 'PICTURE+Download' and no phot programme came up. Can you give me www. thingy to put in and try and find it. Thank you for the lovely picture... I look dead young ..... well, young!!!

Sorry , misled you a bit' Picture It' is a bit of a dinosaur if you cant get it off a car boot or something it,s gone. definitely not downloadable.

Trying Malc's tips....

Don't believe it...... Malc.... typed it into Google and it came up..... clicked on it to go to it ..... and cannot find server message came up..... will try again later but beginning to despair. I refreshed the page and it still couldn't go into the website. will try soon. :'(

ROON - 2008-07-30 8:39 PM

Trying Malc's tips....

Don't believe it...... Malc.... typed it into Google and it came up..... clicked on it to go to it ..... and cannot find server message came up..... will try again later but beginning to despair. I refreshed the page and it still couldn't go into the website. will try soon. :'(

I've had the same trouble tonight.

Try this ( when you feel better ;-) )

In GOOGLE just type ' pictureresize '

When I did that up came a number of sites, but the fourth one down

headed " Free online picture resizer " was the right site.

I clicked on that and the correct site came up.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

YES YES YES YES YES OOOOOOOOH MALCOLM YOU ARE A LITTLE LUV.. A LUVERLY LITTLE SAUSAGE OOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU..... YAHOOOOOOOOO HEY CAROL ARE YOU THERE I DID IT I DID IT...... WHEY HEY EHYYYYEEJDLKD DFLDSLDFE AAAAAAAAAAGH .... OHH THANK YOU MALC THANK YOU..

AND THANK YOU MICK FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCE TOO. OOOOOOOOOH I DID IT I DID IT. MEL WHERE ARE YOU.. HEY MICHELE I DID IT, JANINE BOOTSY CATINOUU WHERE IS EVERYONE LLOOOOOOK WHAT I DID.... MALC IS A LITTLE LUV AND I POSTED SOME PICCIES FROM MY COUPLE OF DAYS AWAY ........ :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

going to bed a happy bunny now....... whey hey hey.....

Thanks John, only just saw your message :-D

ROON - 2008-07-30 9:30 PM

YES YES YES YES YES OOOOOOOOH MALCOLM YOU ARE A LITTLE LUV.. A LUVERLY LITTLE SAUSAGE OOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU..... YAHOOOOOOOOO HEY CAROL ARE YOU THERE I DID IT I DID IT...... WHEY HEY EHYYYYEEJDLKD DFLDSLDFE AAAAAAAAAAGH .... OHH THANK YOU MALC THANK YOU..

AND THANK YOU MICK FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCE TOO. OOOOOOOOOH I DID IT I DID IT. MEL WHERE ARE YOU.. HEY MICHELE I DID IT, JANINE BOOTSY CATINOUU WHERE IS EVERYONE LLOOOOOOK WHAT I DID.... MALC IS A LITTLE LUV AND I POSTED SOME PICCIES FROM MY COUPLE OF DAYS AWAY ........ :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

going to bed a happy bunny now....... whey hey hey.....

Thanks John, only just saw your message :-D

You're pleased about that then. Important thing, dont forget what you did.

In fact do it again.

Oh *-) that's a point - what did I do?

Love the pig, Mick. How can anybody eat them?

Did you see that horrible Gordon Ramsey the other night killing puffins and in his element that man has interfered with nature by creating a pig with sixteen teets so they can feet 16 piglets which they now have because we have sorted them out with hormones etc...... oops, sitting back waiting for the flak now 8-)

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Thanks guys - I have been having trouble with the picture problem too and have tried for hours - as I've read Joy's postings I've thought more than once - "I could be that woman" 8-)

Following Malc's advice (which I have printed out for future reference!!!) I think I now have a face on my postings - not mine, as I hope you will see (?)

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME CONQUER THIS!!!!

Jenny :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Well done with the pics - I am still trying to upload one to create an avatar. The system keeps going down when I try, obviously doesn't like the picture. I did manage to upload one to my personal pic which I suppose people can see on my profile if they want, well I can so I imagine others can too. Or not. As you know, I did manage to get a picture on the piccys only thread - Liberation Square. That was quite easy - eventually and with some help. I gues try try try again eventually works -well done you.

ROON - 2008-07-31 4:09 PM

Well done, Jenny.

We are the champions, my friend. We kept on fighting till the end.. We are the champions, we e e e are the etc etc etc :-D

Let's hope it works next time. . :$

Nice to see you are still on a high today -

I thought last nights high spirits must be because you had 'taken something'.

;-) ;-)

Archived