Malvern Show

Guest Tracker

Tracker - 2008-08-12 9:44 AM

The weather forecast is not looking too clever and given all the rain that has fallen so far it does make me wonder about the wisdom of this trip.

On the other hand I do seem to recall that the Malvern Showground does dry quite quickly and never used to be prone to flooding like Stratford racecourse does?

Also I seem to recall that much of the Malvern show, and access around it, is (or was) on tarmac or hard surfaces?

Any thoughts anyone? Not looking to good at the moment Richard with the Met Office giving (quote) thunder, near gale force winds, heavy rain and plummeting temperatures. If I remember, the two grass fields reserved for day visitors are both sloping with little risk of getting waterlogged, but with hundreds of vans coming and going could prove difficult to say the least. Don,t know about the overnight camping, but should be ok, if a little muddy.

Ok, sorry Janine, my post has crossed with asking you for a time and place on the other malvern thread!!!!

I have contacted Guinness book of records to see how many people can fit into 3' square at any one given time whilst standing in 6inches of rainwater.

Archived