Irritating flashing and moving adverts

Guest Tracker

It is a registry glitch with the Version 3 update.

I can get it working if I create a new user, but not on an existing user. The techybods on Sagazone have given me a fix, but it might be beyond my capabilities - messing with the registry can have fatal consquences. :-(

J9withdogs - 2008-08-11 7:48 PM

It is a registry glitch with the Version 3 update.

I can get it working if I create a new user, but not on an existing user. The techybods on Sagazone have given me a fix, but it might be beyond my capabilities - messing with the registry can have fatal consquences. :-(

don't do 'registry' changes - was ok with 98SE - but don't do nuthin' at all anymore - just log in and then out again *-) :-S don't go hunting now

although there are times when I really miss the simplicity of DOS

B-)

That ****** pencil writing 'Subscribe' really annoys me! It wouldn't be so bad if it actually looked like it was writing it properly but it doesn't! It's just annoying ... I wish I could get an animated pencil sharpener and stick it in it and make it disappear! >:-)

nope - ain't got that one

the pages do keep changing but you could always check with some of the suggestions given above

you must be really off 'pooters Mel >:-) >:-)

just 'cos you're paranoid - doesn't mean that they're not out to get you >:-)

B-)

Yup - I've got the motorhome/caravan/signpost thing flashing away constantly ... well, I say flashing, more juddering ... and the motorhome's not even based on the new Fiat!!! (lol)

It's driving me nuts, I wish it would go away!!!!!!! The only way I can hide it from view is to expand the size of my browser page so it disappears off the side!!!!!

Hi Joy, Hope you had a lovely time, At Malvern, A little while back I had tumbling

caravans on the right hand side of the screen, A real pain, Somehow I managed to get rid of them, Cant remember exactly how I done it

though, Have you reported the man in the white mac. (?) (lol) Ria.

• 3 months later...
Further update on this. 

First follow the advice above to disable playing animations.  However, if that is only partially successful, the following works for Internet Explorer 7, but not earlier versions.  (If unsure which IE version you are using, open IE, click on "Help", then on "About Internet Explorer".)

You next need to disable Macromedia/Adobe Flash Player.  Do this in IE 7 by:

Open Internet Explorer.

Click "Tools", then

Click "Internet Options", then

Click "Programs", then

Click "Manage add-ons", then

Select "Add-ons that run without permissions", then

Select "Shockwave Flash Object", then

At the bottom of the window, select the "Disable" button.

That will turn flash off, but leave it intact.  To re-start it, look in the bar at the bottom of your screen, and you should see a little gear wheel, with a red ring containing a diagonal bar sitting on it.  Click that, and it will say "Manage add-ons".  Double click it, and you will go straight back to the window, where you can again point to "Manage add-ons that run without permissions", click the "Enable" button, and then get all those annoying little animations twiddling away happily again.

Be careful to just select the Shockwave Flash Object to disable and no more, as disabling other add-ins may have unwanted results.

Archived