nightrider

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nightrider - 2008-08-11 8:59 PM

Trying to figure out how everything works? its awful when you are a dumbell.

Do you mean the 'quote box' like this one?

We use it to answer a specific post, as sometimes the conversation can move on before we've replied.

Instead of pressing 'reply', you can press 'quote', then edit the relevent bits before adding your own reply.

good 'ere innit?????????????????

have you sorted out the avatar bit - using J9's invisible ink

I'm not sure what she was referring to but when you edited your profile from the 'control panel' to show address n van info keep going on down the page to where it sez

'upload profile image:'

then click on the browse button to upload the image

there are restrictions on size - can't remember what they are - but it needs to be pretty small

see ??

B-)

ps - our first house as a married couple was in Helmshore - about a million years ago :-)

can't read it - honest -

well can in that last post but not the first one -

the blues must be too similar on my screen - or perhaps thro my eyes ? 8-)

didn't think it was like you to botch a post - me perhaps :D

I have been at the chilli chocolate again mind :D

want some - good for the endorphins

B-)

nightrider - 2008-08-11 7:46 PM

Mick H.

How do I upload a profile image on the top left hand side of the thread?

Right go to control panel, thats the box up there that says welcome.scroll down to the bottom and find ' upload profile image' click on ' browse' Select the photo you want to use as your P. I. which must not be much more than 20 kb. Probably best to sort this before you try to upload it.click ok.Wait till it says upload successful hopefully job done. Can't be certain it's late,wine has been flowing.Call me in the morning for update.

J9withdogs - 2008-08-11 10:02 PM

Hmmm... think I might pass on that, thank you.

Got any chocolate brazils? :D

don't knock it if you ain't tried it -

they go really well together - -

and

if you are making a tomato based sauce for anything and want it to taste really rich - add a bit of chocolate / cocoa - not too much - maybe a teaspoon

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:->

as for nuts - I prefer mine bare - or with something savoury

well - usually - but as long as it's dark choc I'll scoff it :->

B-)

Mick,

I did what you told me re the control panel and scolled down to the upload pics section, clicked on browse, went into "my picures" selected a pic and clicked on "go" and it just made a dinging sound and nowt happened? where do I actually bring the pics from?

It all goes back to re-sizing Malcolm which is something i've failed to master as well. The pictures I use all come off the web and no problem there, so perhaps you could have a quick search, find one you like, and use that one instead until you've figured out how to get your own on.

Howie,

Thanks for your help, will have to try and blag a ten year old kid off the street to help me out, but as its raining they are all indoors.

As for sending in a new post do I click on "new thread" and put on a different "subject matter" yesterday I sent in a different post but it seemed to disappear?

nightrider - 2008-08-12 11:32 AM

Mick,

I did what you told me re the control panel and scolled down to the upload pics section, clicked on browse, went into "my picures" selected a pic and clicked on "go" and it just made a dinging sound and nowt happened? where do I actually bring the pics from?

Hi Malcolm

Have just run through my instructions to you to see if the affluence of incahol sent me in the wrong direction.First did you check the photo before you did the above to make sure it was small enough.If not do that before you try uploading or you get a bit mixed up.Second when you got to your pictures after hitting the browser button did you click the open button at the bottom.If you did this and the picture was small enough the name of the picture file will show in the pop up panel of the browser, if it isn't there it's probably still too big.If it is there click on 'go' in the browser panel and bimbo, it's christmas.Thats your homework for today. Good luck,post another Q, if it still doesn't fly. Mick H.

howie - 2008-08-12 11:40 AM

It all goes back to re-sizing Malcolm which is something i've failed to master as well. The pictures I use all come off the web and no problem there, so perhaps you could have a quick search, find one you like, and use that one instead until you've figured out how to get your own on.

Hi Howie,, Re-sizing seems to be the problem for a lot of us. I have posted a pic on the piccys only thread and they were all ok sizewise because I didn't have to do it. Am learning all the time. Keep watching piccys only, I have some wonderful ones which I intend to post from time to time, sent to me this morning.

Hi guys and gals I don't want to say this is how you do it, just this is the way I, hopefully get pictures on.First choose your target, the picture you want.Open it into your photo edit prog. I am now using Photoscape most of the time it's in pixels but it seems to work.That I will find out when I come to send this photie. With photoscape you put your photo on the screen this one showed as being 548.9 K.B. You then hit the resize button which brings up a ' resize' box, in this box are 4 little boxes with the pixel sizes of the photie. 1500 high 1024 wide. yours will obviously be different.The righthand boxes are digi counters and by either clicking on the arrows or going down to the slider you can reduce the pixel size. As long as the aspect ratio box is ticked both numbers will reduce in harmony thus not affecting the shape of the photie.I reduced this photo to its present size 550 h X 375 W pixels to make the photie 30K.B What this does to the quality of the pic I havn't read that bit yet.When you have reduced accordingly click save which brings up a save as box which you click on if you want to save the original size. If you click save, you lose the original and get the reduced one only.

747773298_A_005_20reduce.jpg.bdb9084d9f5f2fa23e11385b09218742.jpg

nightrider - 2008-08-12 11:50 AM

As for sending in a new post do I click on "new thread" and put on a different "subject matter" yesterday I sent in a different post but it seemed to disappear?

Only click on new thread if you want to start a whole new subject on a whole new thread, as you did with your original 'New member' posting.

Otherwise click on 'quote' if you want to refer to a particular post, or 'reply' merely to post a reply.

You can go back and edit a reply for up to 30 minutes after posting, if you want to add a photo, or your photo didn't upload successfully first time.

You can edit the title of the thread, but it will last for that particular post only, then revert back to the original subject title.

Hi Malcolm

Little aside from photies, I see you come from Bury.I learnt a poem about Bury, well a monologue actually.Called 'Three 'apence a foot' first couple of lines go:-

I'll tell thee an old fashioned story

that me granfather used to relate

of a joiner and building contractor

name of Sam Olgelthwaite.

In a town on the banks of the Irwell

Sam used to foller 'is trade

in a town that you've heard of,called Bury,

you know, where black puddings is made.

Just wondered if you know him.

:-D Mick,

I liked your monologue but dont know Sam Oglethwaight although there are plenty like him round here.

Have you ever had a Bury black pudding? very good for nursing mothers so I am told.

I have sampled one or two of them while walking round the market on a freezing cold saturday morning, boiling hot just out of the pan and smothered with mustard, I run a group called "Letters from England" aimed at America and Canada, I once described what a black pudding is and what it is made of, most of the members had a fit of vomiting, no appreciation of the finer things in life these Yanks have they?

Think I will keep posting on this thread up until someone tells me I am doing things wrong, dont know how to find other posts I have sent in, do I go on "General chat or Chatterbox"?

I live just outside the town centre of Bury in Whitefield which is about 10 miles north of the city of Manchester or should I say Gunchester?

Travel down the road about 8 miles towards Manchester and you have to duck and dive to avoid the gunshots, gunfight at OK corral aint in it.

Hi Malcolm,

the Chatterbox section is a part of General Chat,

there should be a path shown above all the posts looking something like

Forums->General Chat->Chatterbox

the main difference between Chatterbox n Motorhome Matters is that this tends to be the silly section - inhabited by weirdos who like to spend many fruitless hours prattling about - see :D

Motorhome Matters is for more specific serious matters - well usually anyway

the other forums - fora ? don't generally see as much action

if you haven't already discovered it

the 'New Threads' option above the 'Control panel' option in that little box at the top lets you see ALL new threads in whatever forum since your last log on. - Just click on and it's easy

B-)

oh yeah - black pudding - I'd rather have the scottish versions - they seem spicier and don't have great lumps of fat in 'em

B-)

So this chatterbox forum seems to be the place where I will feel at home prattling on about anything and everything, good, because I am a professional prattler and the type of person who steers away from serious aspects of life.

I am the proverbial Peter Pan the boy who never grew up, AKA a Walter Mitty or a Huckleberry Finn type of charactor. *-)

nightrider - 2008-08-12 6:02 PM

So this chatterbox forum seems to be the place where I will feel at home prattling on about anything and everything, good, because I am a professional prattler and the type of person who steers away from serious aspects of life.

I am the proverbial Peter Pan the boy who never grew up, AKA a Walter Mitty or a Huckleberry Finn type of charactor. *-)

May I add to the welcome so ably given by other posters. I was a new member myself quite a short time ago. I have put some queries regarding certain aspects of my M/Home of which I was uncertain and had some useful feedback. I have contributed and made comments where something that has interested me has arisen. I have joined in the follow on word gam, the wotami quiz, the piccys only thread and am now beginning to feel there are some really nice and interesting folk out there. The one thing that links us all is our chosen way of spending our spare time (and bundles of money in many cases) and beyond. My husband is 81 and I am .. well a little younger but shush! We have travelled a bit of long haul but felt we didn't really know our own shores - have just bought our MH to get to know it better. You have to be a bit eccentric and outgoing, even perhaps a little mad and definitely have a sense of humour. If you have a look on one of the threads about What do toilet chemicals do - then you will understand. Welcome and enjoy the ride. :-D

twooks - 2008-08-12 5:13 PM

the main difference between Chatterbox n Motorhome Matters is that this tends to be the silly section - inhabited by weirdos who like to spend many fruitless hours prattling about - see :D

Hey - who you calling a weirdo?

Just 'cus I go round wearing a very bad blonde wig, with a blow-up parrot on my shoulder does NOT make me weird.

OK, it might *-) :$

Archived