suitable tow car ???

Guest Biohazrad88

Guest Biohazrad88

Hi :-D , my names paul and im new to caravanning, i mean in the sense of actually towing my self. im not new to caravanning as my family and freinds have had caravans throught out the years. i love the life style of caravanning. the enjoyment of it. and now i have a family of my own, i want to share the experiances and fun and laughs i had with my little one.

At the moment i have a Vauxhall Astra Mk 4 Club 1.6l 8v. 2001

For my first 'van' i dont want to go too expensive as with times as they are i cant afford. but was wondering what your veiws and ideas u have as too what i can do? and to what sort of caravans i should be looking at. is my car suitable to tow a caravan?

Just to give u a little more insight, there is my self, my wife and my 1 child.

I have looked at all sorts of caravans and i am lost in a land of dreams. as i dont know which one to go for. as i like them all :-D

I do hope you can help me.

Thank you for your time

Paul

:-D :-D

Paul

According to some information I have looked at online a 2001 Astra has a max towing weight of 1100kgs although the kerbweight is only 1088kgs. You should be able to check the kerbweight from the Vin plate in the engine compartment. If you wanted to stick to the 85% recommended towing weight you would have to find a van with a laden weight of no more that 924kgs. Depeding on what age of van you were intending to buy it is a case that an older van would like fit into this weight.

David

Archived