Inverter Problem

Pat

Hi not sure if I have put this problem on here before or not so sorry in advance if I have.

I have an RV and it is fitted with a Trace Legend inverter 2000watt the inverter is only putting out 55volts approx instead of 110volts! Which once it has gone through the transfomer is only producing 110volts instead of the required 230volt

Batteries are fully charged all the connections are clean, I have 55volt between earth and positive and the same between neutral and positive and zero between earth and neutral anyone know anything about these please as it seems that only half of the inverter is working, would there be a trip or breaker anywhere. I have had the cover off but cannot see anything obvious.

Regards Pat

I presume that it is wired correctly it's as it left the factory I presume I have not altered anything.

I only noticed this after the front TV would not start up sometimes,using the inverter, the bedroom tv was fine. I had to start the generator switch on the tv and then once it had come to life would carry on ok on the inverter once I switched the generator off. I presumed there was aproblem with the TV but found only 110volts on all the sockets with the inveretr swiched on. Everthing is ok on hook up so the inverter is allowing 110volts to flow through it!

Regards Pat

Archived